Prospect Info: Joshua Roy

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Is there any proof that the store had any contact with Roy's agent (or the team) to set this up in the first place? The store could have been scammed for all we know.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Not surprised the slightest that people living on l'île aux rats think they (still) know better than ones actually coming from his homeplace though.
L'île aux rats..wow .. great comment...ouff..

There is 2 millions people on this island and 50% gdp of the province.

Cause of this island that you have an Nhl team...

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
This is a nothingburger (even if probably true) but what is worrying is the frequency & consistency of these kind of stories regarding Roy (party boy, inconsistent work ethic on/off ice). And it's not just from blog sites seeking clicks that you get this message.

I think he could be a good 2W in the NHL, very savy with the puck, great shot, smart player, I really hope he makes it but I'm less & less sure he'll have a career with the Habs, and it's not his skating I'm worried about.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
PK Subban was at Buananote and copacabana every damn night
Carey Price was a known problem
Kostitsyns...
Gallagher, DD, Pac, Prust, etc were always at Jack in 1030, DD even famously tried to date my then GF.

They're kids, rich ones. They party. Like half the NHL has a drinking problem, that doesn't come from being Nathan Mackinnon.

Reactions: HankyZetts

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Kostitsyns...
Gallagher, DD, Pac, Prust, etc were always at Jack in 1030, DD even famously tried to date my then GF.

They're kids, rich ones. They party. Like half the NHL has a drinking problem, that doesn't come from being Nathan Mackinnon.

Next to anything is forgiven as long as you perform on the ice/field/court. Roy couldn't even manage to sink that easy layup of making the team this season. In French we'd say "Y'aurais du se serrer les fesses." Because people were watching him closely now.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Kostitsyns...

"Famously" lol

• Haha
Reactions: Shred

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Ignoring the outside noise, I have two concerns with Roy. The first is his pace and intensity. The second is his skating. He has I guess decent enough straight away speed, though it's below average for the NHL, but for a player of his offensive skill, the lack of power from crossovers and the lack of skating skills (doesn't really use punch turns, or deception with his skating) is really concerning. Its concerning due to the fact they're skills that players usually work on, even Tavares with his cement feet added these skills, while Roy still looks like he's preparing for juniors.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Leave Roy in Laval until Armia, Dvorak and probably Evans traded at deadline. No rush. Then Him, Mesar be up for at look. Laine be back.

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
The owner of the shop said in the comments that Roy didnt have any good reasons not to show. Looks really bad on him and shows that his off ice issues are still there
His post has 2 statements on Roy, I’m paraphrasing here: one of the statements is that Josh didn’t give a reason not to show and other statement that he would have appreciated a message from Josh so it is still a bit unclear but it seems like there was no communication at all between the two on the day of the event.

Personally I am surprised that the owner wouldn’t be communicating mostly with Josh’s agent for this kind of thing.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Ignoring the outside noise, I have two concerns with Roy. The first is his pace and intensity. The second is his skating. He has I guess decent enough straight away speed, though it's below average for the NHL, but for a player of his offensive skill, the lack of power from crossovers and the lack of skating skills (doesn't really use punch turns, or deception with his skating) is really concerning. Its concerning due to the fact they're skills that players usually work on, even Tavares with his cement feet added these skills, while Roy still looks like he's preparing for juniors.
Your concerns are legitimate.

But the biggest threat to Roy is not his limitations but the growing internal competition he faces and will be facing going forward.

Unless Roy can crack the top three lines, there will be little room for this only average skating forward on this rebuilding team. With top the 5 forwards ( Suzuki, Caufield, Slafkovsky, Dach and Newhook ) mostly a lock and a wave of talented young prospects (Demidov, Hage, Beck, Tuch, Florian, Sawyer, etc.) about to emerge/ arrive, the competition for positions at forward will be fierce. That also doesn't take into consideration what Hughes will do with Laine, the possible top-end free agent acquisitions that management may acquire once the team relieves itself of a number of under performing veterans and those 3 first round and 4 second round choices Hughes has banked.

I'm not saying Roy can't make it, but the window for him so doing is closing.

Reactions: Andrei79

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad