Player Discussion Joshua Roy

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Hyman in particular was also known by his coaches as being the hardest working player on & off the ice and most dedicated to his profession…

Professional dedication seems to be an issue with Roy at the moment…
As in life some will grab any little opportunity and wring the hell out of it and others will float hoping it works out.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'm not expecting him to be a 50 goal guy in the NHL. But I do think he can be a really good top six player.
He always projected as a 3rd line player who step up in playoffs if we are 100% honest. He could develop as a 2nd line player but it would be a surprise.

Reading the post of the last 2-3 weeks someone would believe Roy is 27 years old and drafted 1st overall.

Reactions: Rapala

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He always projected as a 3rd line player who step up in playoffs if we are 100% honest. He could develop as a 2nd line player but it would be a surprise.

Reading the post of the last 2-3 weeks someone would believe Roy is 27 years old and drafted 1st overall.
I think on the 2nd line with Newhook and Dach you could expect around 40 points. I don’t think that’s pie in the sky stuff.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Only one of those 3 is a real top 6 right now.
The others may be one day. But they aren't right now.
Dach and Newhook will prove it this year. Provided of course they don't get hurt in game one and miss 81 games... (I can't believe I have to make this a caveat but given the injuries we've had, it seems prudent. :) )

I don't like Armia there. Anderson we can hope for the best. But Roy is the best guy to put there in my view. We're not making the playoffs and it would be a good year to do this. But - I have zero problem with him being sent down. That was probably the right call.

I also agree with others who've suggested we may see some mixing and matching. CC with Dach could happen this year. Slaf was great with Dach in the short period they were together so we may see that. It'll be interesting to watch the lines this year I think they'll be fluid.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Only one of those 3 is a real top 6 right now.
The others may be one day. But they aren't right now.
Without Laine they only have 4 top 6 forwards.

Newhook is an ok bottom six but everyone else (with exception of Hein and Kap - just breaking in) are just scrubs.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Nobody said a lock on the 2nd, some might say he would fit or think, or suggest his name or what they see his progression might become, etc. They had in mind his good games and were expecting Roy could progress even more. It's like the half empty glass of water or half full. Those who like him see half full, those who, etc. The other options on 2nd line are not that great either, nhl teams are not Utica Comets, lol.

Not a lock but a future one.
Oh, but they did.

Reactions: Habby4Life

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
I don't think anyone thought he was a lock. People said that's where he SHOULD be - on the 2nd line.

Win the calder? No. Place in Calder? Absolutely.
If you don't think anyone thought that have a read and see what was said, plenty of stuff around. Even a thread title is very telling.
interestingly odd enough is that there seems to be a bout of fugue suddenly going around or perhaps its that those that reside in the dankness under the bridge that use a puddle for a mirror aren't getting the news, a real head scratchier.

Besides Roy, which other forward prospect makes the team?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Roy needs to move his feet and he seems like a guy who needs to be reminded he has to move his feet.
There is possibly a third line role for him once we can move some of the dead wood.
I think our management group wants him working from the Dzone out and when he is making blatant mistakes like the ones we saw they don't see a fit.
As a third liner though he'll have some heavy competition to beat out once we have a full compliment of players.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If you don't think anyone thought that have a read and see what was said, plenty of stuff around. Even a thread title is very telling.
interestingly odd enough is that there seems to be a bout of fugue suddenly going around or perhaps its that those that reside in the dankness under the bridge that use a puddle for a mirror aren't getting the news, a real head scratchier.

Besides Roy, which other forward prospect makes the team?
You’re talking about two different things and you’ve now changed the question from what you were originally arguing. A lock for the second line is different than a lock to make the team.

The lineup spot was his to lose and he lost it. Yes, I think everyone assumed he’d be on the roster that’s absolutely true. Second line though? That’s where I was hoping he’d be used but that wasn’t a lock at all. It’s where many of us hoped he’d be used because we felt it made the most sense. But MSL is old school and gives vets first crack. Then apart from that, Laine was added and that opportunity went away - until he got hurt.

Bottom line is that Roy blew his spot in camp. It was his to lose.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You’re talking about two different things and you’ve now changed the question from what you were originally arguing. A lock for the second line is different than a lock to make the team.

The lineup spot was his to lose and he lost it. Yes, I think everyone assumed he’d be on the roster that’s absolutely true. Second line though? That’s where I was hoping he’d be used but that wasn’t a lock at all. It’s where many of us hoped he’d be used because we felt it made the most sense. But MSL is old school and gives vets first crack. Then apart from that, Laine was added and that opportunity went away - until he got hurt.

Has the media talked to him, any idea on what his reaction was going to Laval.............his reaction and performance will be watched very closely.
He holds the key to getting back as soon as possible,

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024

Again you know what was said. You know damn well that Roy was talked about being a lock on the team, and many had him penciled in in the top 6. If you're that oblivious and unable to digest and condense,sorry for your shortcomings and you can spin shit as you like. I'm not arguing or debating someones lack of comprehension,simply presenting what was said.it's all there to for everyone to see. I know you know it but it appears you're just one of those type of people. Salut, a la prochaine.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Again you know what was said. You know damn well that Roy was talked about being a lock on the team,
I’ve already told you that most assumed he’d be on the team. It was his spot to lose for sure.

But that wasnt the argument you replied to.
See posts 1065 and 1068.
and many had him penciled in in the top 6.
I and many others argued long and hard that he was the right guy for that spot and I still believe he’d put up 40 points there if used. That doesn’t mean anyone said he was a lock to start there.

Two different things and it’s different from your original argument.
If you're that oblivious and unable to digest and condense,sorry for your shortcomings and you can spin shit as you like.
You replied to a poster who said Roy wasn’t a lock for the second. Then you distorted what @Catanddogguitarrr said. I don’t know if it was intentional or not but being a lock for the team vs the second line are two different things. Go back and read it yourself. It’s there for all to see. Posts 1065 & 1068.

In closing, yes most people felt he’d make the team. His spot to lose and he did. That’s true for sure.

Many felt he’d be our best option for the top six and gave arguments why.

I don’t remember ANYONE saying he was a lock for the top six. Maybe that’s false. By all means find those posts if you wish. I don’t remember anyone saying it though.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad