Player Discussion Joshua Roy

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Hyman in particular was also known by his coaches as being the hardest working player on & off the ice and most dedicated to his profession…

Professional dedication seems to be an issue with Roy at the moment…
As in life some will grab any little opportunity and wring the hell out of it and others will float hoping it works out.

Reactions: salbutera

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'm not expecting him to be a 50 goal guy in the NHL. But I do think he can be a really good top six player.
He always projected as a 3rd line player who step up in playoffs if we are 100% honest. He could develop as a 2nd line player but it would be a surprise.

Reading the post of the last 2-3 weeks someone would believe Roy is 27 years old and drafted 1st overall.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He always projected as a 3rd line player who step up in playoffs if we are 100% honest. He could develop as a 2nd line player but it would be a surprise.

Reading the post of the last 2-3 weeks someone would believe Roy is 27 years old and drafted 1st overall.
I think on the 2nd line with Newhook and Dach you could expect around 40 points. I don’t think that’s pie in the sky stuff.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Only one of those 3 is a real top 6 right now.
The others may be one day. But they aren't right now.
Dach and Newhook will prove it this year. Provided of course they don't get hurt in game one and miss 81 games... (I can't believe I have to make this a caveat but given the injuries we've had, it seems prudent. :) )

I don't like Armia there. Anderson we can hope for the best. But Roy is the best guy to put there in my view. We're not making the playoffs and it would be a good year to do this. But - I have zero problem with him being sent down. That was probably the right call.

I also agree with others who've suggested we may see some mixing and matching. CC with Dach could happen this year. Slaf was great with Dach in the short period they were together so we may see that. It'll be interesting to watch the lines this year I think they'll be fluid.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Only one of those 3 is a real top 6 right now.
The others may be one day. But they aren't right now.
Without Laine they only have 4 top 6 forwards.

Newhook is an ok bottom six but everyone else (with exception of Hein and Kap - just breaking in) are just scrubs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad