Player Discussion Joshua Roy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Dude's been looking like Ylonen out there. Hopefully he seizes the opportunity and actually performs like a 2nd liner.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
I go back and forth on Roy. I think he may need more AHL time to take a step forward, but we might not have that choice now.
Guy has been invisible at camp, totally uninterested and now they may have to put him on the second line, wow, this is so freaking bad.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He isn't ready pure and simple.
He's on the wrong line.

Same thing with CC. Same thing with Slaf. We've seen this movie before. You have to play this guy with talent. If we don't he's going to be wasted. Unless it's an offensive group, Roy shouldn't be on the 3rd line.

Unfortunately, we're going to waste time with Anderson on the 2nd. I get why we're going to do this but it would be so much better if we just pur Roy there.

Reactions: Dutronc

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
He's a great complimentary player. He'd excellent when played with skilled players who lead the charge, like Bedard at WJC.

Reactions: GrandBison

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
He was fine last year, I think your all quick to judge him here
Don't think so.
Shitty camp, doesn't even deserve to make the squad.
Its freaking scary that this is the guy some want to pencil on the second line. Man the Habs SUCK!

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I'm underwhelmed by his camp. But he's also been playing with Anderson (who he helped score) and Hide the pain Dvorak.

Him, Dach and Newkhook would make a great line. I hope he gets a good look.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
He's a great complimentary player. He'd excellent when played with skilled players who lead the charge, like Bedard at WJC.
If by "great complimentary" you mean doesn't do shit, I agree. :laugh:

Seriously, he's probably not worth a dime in trade proposals.

I'm underwhelmed by his camp. But he's also been playing with Anderson (who he helped score) and Hide the pain Dvorak.

Him, Dach and Newkhook would make a great line. I hope he gets a good look.
Doesn't matter with whom he plays, if he doesn't give any extra-effort, he'll be invisible.

Reactions: Habby4Life

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I go back and forth on Roy. I think he may need more AHL time to take a step forward, but we might not have that choice now.
I'd rather him in the AHL than on the 3rd line with scrubs. If you're not going to play him with talent, you're stunting him.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Doesn't matter with whom he plays, if he doesn't give any extra-effort, he'll be invisible.

He needs to be stronger on the puck. He's been making solid plays without the puck, I think MSL praised for him not long ago.

But he needs to play with that extra hunger...I don't think he feels threatened enough. He needs competition.

Farrell is dogshit and Heinekken izza sammatimes maybe good sommatimes maybe sheet, as Gattuso would say.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He needs to be stronger on the puck. He's been making solid plays without the puck, I think MSL praised for him not long ago.

But he needs to play with that extra hunger...I don't think he feels threatened enough. He needs competition.
He needs better linemates.

He's a raw rookie and they need to give him some help. At this point he's a complimentary player. He can absolutely fill in on the top six but you've got to give him talented players to help him along. Putting him with Dvorak or whoever is a waste of everyone's time.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
He needs better linemates.

He's a raw rookie and they need to give him some help. At this point he's a complimentary player. He can absolutely fill in on the top six but you've got to give him talented players to help him along. Putting him with Dvorak or whoever is a waste of everyone's time.
I don't disagree.

I think I'll wait until we see him with Dach. I know it's gonna happen next game. If MSL is not a butthead.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I'd rather him in the AHL than on the 3rd line with scrubs. If you're not going to play him with talent, you're stunting him.
If he plays on the right bottom 6 line, that might convince him to increase his involvement physically. Without the skill set to create his own openings, without that extra-oumf, he's just going to end up another Ylonen otherwise.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If he plays on the right bottom 6 line, that might convince him to increase his involvement physically. Without the skill set to create his own openings, without that extra-oumf, he's just going to end up another Ylonen otherwise.
I just think we've seen this movie enough times to know that younger skilled players develop better when played with older skilled players.

We'll see how it goes I guess. I had hopes that he might enter the Calder discussion this year but that's not going to happen if he's used on the 3rd line. He's got tons of talent but he's not a grinder and never will be.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The lackadaisical Roy you see is the Roy Laval got after November.

He wasn't very impressive, or even good for that matter.

I was a little surprised he got called up and then really surprised at how well he played in the NHL.

He got sent back down and sucked.

I think he makes the team, because, well the prospect pool seems overrated imo, but right now there's no forward to beat him out and only 1 for next year in Demidov.

I also think once the real games start he will look better... or at least I hope he does as he's likely on this team because management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad