Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I know Bedard will probably stay stuck with Stank....but it would be nice to see a Roy-Beck-Bedard line!!!
I'd be ecstatic to see beck score the gold-medal winning goal, with an assist from Roy who hadn't yet gotten off the ice on a line change!

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
When is the next game? Reading that thread makes me want to more of his playing.
But it's strange that thread went into a Dubois thread. Is there any connection? Like Dubois and Roy would fit perfectly as a duo? How about Roy-Dubois-Slaf ?
Hey! Play resumes today; Canada @ 7:30 (local I think).

I for one have been guilty of crossing threads because of all this back and forth between live threads coupled with some light thc indulgence( wjc and nhl), but I’m not sure how we got to Dubois lol

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He would probably have like 12 points by now if he was on the first powerplay unit.

He's clever. Knows how to play a specific role and be effective at it. Grade B+ that could turn into a grade A very soon. Very curious to see how he looks when he turns pro next year.

Might be our best prospect outside of the NHL. Strong statement but he's on a great development track and he has that size/shot/IQ/proven development production that can earn him a stable NHL roster spot.

Players on this Canada team are saying good things about Roy. He does the little things well and makes it look easy

Very quick hands and decision making when he knows contact is coming very fast. This is a great asset for NHL quality of play cause time/space changes a lot of young players.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
If you want to talk about Joshua Roy, you should go to the trade thread...

We should never trade this guy. He's the best French-Canadian prospect we've had since... Guillaume Latendresse??? And before that... Mike Ribeiro 25 years ago??? Maybe Louis Leblanc, but I think Roy is showing more potential.

It's a rare thing to have one. You keep him at all cost.

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
We should never trade this guy. He's the best French-Canadian prospect we've had since... Guillaume Latendresse??? And before that... Mike Ribeiro 25 years ago??? Maybe Louis Leblanc, but I think Roy is showing more potential.

I think, he will become a lot better than Drouin.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
The beauty is we don’t need him to be a line driver. If he can be a 20-20 guy that doesn’t hurt us defensively he can fit anywhere in our top 9.
I agree. Just to be clear, I wasn't saying he's not good, I was just mentioning that he has a different playing style. He does a lot of things at pro level all ready IMO.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Do you have a crystal ball?

Not all of our prospects will make the cut. Even if they all did, just gives us more chips to find upgrades throughout the lineup.

If you can turn mediocre assets into better assets, you do it.
I don't have a crystal ball.

That's exactly why I don't want to deal away our prospects. It makes absolutely no sense to do that at this stage. Esp for a guy who's not a superstar player. Forget it. No way we should be chasing players right now. Rebuild properly. Do it the right way.

Again, if he wants to come here... he can do so as a UFA. If not, then forget him.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I don't have a crystal ball.

That's exactly why I don't want to deal away our prospects. It makes absolutely no sense to do that at this stage. Esp for a guy who's not a superstar player. Forget it. No way we should be chasing players right now. Rebuild properly. Do it the right way.

Again, if he wants to come here... he can do so as a UFA. If not, then forget him.

You’re not giving up premium prospects or assets for a player that’s publicly acknowledged he wants to come to MTL in 2024. The entire league knows this and would only be willing to pay assets with that in mind.

His value right now is akin to a mid-1st round pick (think Panthers pick if they start playing better), a Jordan Harris, a B prospect like Kidney.

I do that trade 10/10.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You’re not giving up premium prospects or assets for a player that’s publicly acknowledged he wants to come to MTL in 2024. The entire league knows this and would only be willing to pay assets with that in mind.

His value right now is akin to a mid-1st round pick (think Panthers pick if they start playing better), a Jordan Harris, a B prospect like Kidney.

I do that trade 10/10.
Okay, this can be continued in another thread. This one's been hijacked enough. Let's move on.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He kind of reminds me of Suzuki in a way. Average size and not the fleetest of foot, but very high IQ and skill level. He doesn’t have the defensive acumen of Suzuki, and isn’t a center man so won’t be that quality overall, but I do think he could be that level offensively.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal

I do that trade 10/10.
The habs would never give up meaningful assets for someone on the way out with low value like Drouin or Gomez, right?

Roy is interesting because he has been able to improve aspects of his game. Passing and shot were a weakness years ago. We’ll see what he can do about strength and skating.

Last edited:

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021

That was not his point though. I guess the trade title made you miss the mark.

He could have said: "if you want to talk about Joshua Roy, you should go to the Juraj Slafkovsky thread".

More a friendly jab at the inability of people to stay on topic than anything else.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The habs would never give up meaningful assets for someone on the way out with low value like Drouin or Gomez, right?

Roy is interesting because he has been able to improve aspects of his game. Passing and shot were a weakness years ago. We’ll see what he can do about strength and skating.

Drouin did not have low value....he was still considered a top young player and had just come off a strong season and a great playoff the previous year.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
He kind of reminds me of Suzuki in a way. Average size and not the fleetest of foot, but very high IQ and skill level. He doesn’t have the defensive acumen of Suzuki, and isn’t a center man so won’t be that quality overall, but I do think he could be that level offensively.

He does have the defensive acumen of Suzuki.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think Toffoli is a good comparison. Knows how to work well with multiple players and just seems to be in the right spot on the ice. Good shot and good vision and solid in the 200' game.

Roy's development is very good. He's putting up points but also showing maturity in many areas beyond production. Players on this Canadian team love playing with him. That's of value to me

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022

Passing, shot, skating?? What's left? How did the guy make the Q then?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad