Proposal: Josh Norris for Patrik Laine

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
They just signed Monahan to a 5.5m, long term deal and he was a cap dump two years ago. They seem pretty desperate for centre depth. I’d rather risk Norris spending the rest of his career on LTIR than I would sign that Monahan contract.

But yeah, both are probably really ugly. I wouldn’t take that Norris deal for Laine without a ton of sweetener.
Yes, this was prior to repairing the hips, which by all accounts worked just fine last year (playing 83 regular season games). Maybe it's just one year and this doesn't go well, but if he is healthy, this buys them anywhere from 3-5 years to allow the young center depth to develop and sort itself out. CBJ needed veteran presence that could play in the top 6 and on the PP. He's also very good in the dot, which CBJ is typically one of the worst in the league. Norris carries more of an injury risk as he didn't play last year and has more money and term tied up in his contract.

At this point there is no need to discuss a deal like this as CBJ doesn't appear to need to add any more depth at C. Need the defensive LHD primarily.

Reactions: Fro and CBJx614

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Yes, this was prior to repairing the hips, which by all accounts worked just fine last year (playing 83 regular season games). Maybe it's just one year and this doesn't go well, but if he is healthy, this buys them anywhere from 3-5 years to allow the young center depth to develop and sort itself out. CBJ needed veteran presence that could play in the top 6 and on the PP. He's also very good in the dot, which CBJ is typically one of the worst in the league. Norris carries more of an injury risk as he didn't play last year and has more money and term tied up in his contract.

At this point there is no need to discuss a deal like this as CBJ doesn't appear to need to add any more depth at C. Need the defensive LHD primarily.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
I'd rather just roll the dice on Norris than trade for Laine, I don't t hink Norris will ever live upto his contract but the Sens have already rolled the dice on Chychrun and Debrincat, its not worth trading Norris for Laine. Norris can bounce back and be a 30 goal guy, who already is on the team, the last thing the Sens need is a player with Mental Health issues, it wouldn't be good for Laine or the Sens. Laine needs to stay the hell away from the Sens for his own mental health, send him to a small market team with a good playmaking Center. I think a better fit for Laine would be St Louis, send him there staple him to Robert Thomas and you have your duo, the Canadian media is too much of a shit show for a player like him sadly.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Sens should say no, imo Norris is going to bounce back fantastically this year and that contract will look like a steal.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sens should say no, imo Norris is going to bounce back fantastically this year and that contract will look like a steal.
As a sens fan I wish this was the case but there's no shot that happens. That shoulder is toast. I think the most likely outcome is he retires after he likely blows it out again this year. Unless there is some sort of medical breakthrough where he can have a fully replaced bionic shoulder then he is not going to finish that contract. No team is taking him unless they are in it for the long haul and need to dump a similar type of contract for an older player so they get to the floor with a large sweetener.

The fit I thought might work is Calgary for Kadri with Ottawa making a big add.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I am gonna say no. With Norris we know where he stands injury wise, they can work with it by putting him on the wing.

With Laine, it's an unknown. What he is going through is rough and I doubt playing in a Canadian market again would help.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
I'd rather just roll the dice on Norris than trade for Laine, I don't t hink Norris will ever live upto his contract but the Sens have already rolled the dice on Chychrun and Debrincat, its not worth trading Norris for Laine. Norris can bounce back and be a 30 goal guy, who already is on the team, the last thing the Sens need is a player with Mental Health issues, it wouldn't be good for Laine or the Sens. Laine needs to stay the hell away from the Sens for his own mental health, send him to a small market team with a good playmaking Center. I think a better fit for Laine would be St Louis, send him there staple him to Robert Thomas and you have your duo, the Canadian media is too much of a shit show for a player like him sadly.
Stutzle-Laine

#70in26

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.

As a Blues fan, I would gladly take Laine and staple him on a line with Thomas. They’d be a perfect fit together.

I think we would have to move Kyrou in another deal for a very good LHD first, but I absolutely would take on his 2 year contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad