Proposal: Josh Manson to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I would really want to see this. It has never come up on our board that Manson is a #1D. Maybe sometime mentioned as great #2 that one season with Lindholm.

Nope that was leaf fans who said that… duck fans just said they wouldn’t move a physical top 4 dmen for anything less than a top 6 forward.

Leaf fans literally made threads for Manson on a weekly discussion…. Duck fans don’t call any dmen #1 dmen… we hardly call fowler or lindholm #1 dmen , and there isn’t 1 duck fan who has ever thought Manson was in same range of lindholm or fowler

Value of: - Jonas Brodin & Josh Manson to the Leafs

Zegs2comtois asking for Nylander for Manson, also calling him "one of the best defensive d-men in the league" lol And there's multiple threads of him specifically asking for Nylander, do a quick "manson nylander" thread search or just Manson, there's tons of ridiculous asks from Ducks fans

Value of: - JVR + 2018 1st for Josh Manson + Cap Dump

here we have a ducks fan asking for Nylander+, Marner+ or Matthews

Is Lindholm-Manson the best shutdown pairing in the NHL?

Lindholm/Manson are the best shut down pair apparently

Proposal: - Leafs Ducks blockbuster

Here we have a couple guys saying the cost for Manson is Matthews or Marner lol

Proposal: - Rakell or Silfverberg to Pittsburgh

Manson is an elite D, but to be fair ducks fans are calling him out on it

So like I said it might not have been ALL of you, but we heard some ridiculous offers and takes regarding Manson

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Zegs2comtois asking for Nylander for Manson, also calling him "one of the best defensive d-men in the league" lol And there's multiple threads of him specifically asking for Nylander, do a quick "manson nylander" thread search or just Manson, there's tons of ridiculous asks from Ducks fans

So like I said it might not have been ALL of you, but we heard some ridiculous offers and takes regarding Manson
All those are created by Leaf fans.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Don't see the point of this trade. Toronto wants to keep their picks, that's their right, but Anaheim would be more incentivize towards trading Josh Manson for picks. I think with retention he could get a 1st.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Remember when Toronto fans were talking about how amazing holl was and how replacing him would be a mistake on their defense and how making a trade for another dmen would be bad last year cause then they couldn’t protect holl

good times
Remember when Ducks fans wanted blue chip assets for Manson and called him a top pair D a year ago.

Reactions: 93gilmour93

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Not a single post from a Ducks fan calling him a number one D, hyperbole as usual

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Thought Holl was supposed to be “good” and a great find for the Leafs. Guess it’s time to run him out of town though as is tradition.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Right, and all the posts in them regarding Manson and his ridiculous value by some ducks fans ?
I never said I didn’t ask for nylander…. At that time I wouldn’t move Manson for anything less than nylander, I stand by that

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I never said I didn’t ask for nylander…. At that time I wouldn’t move Manson for anything less than nylander, I stand by that

Which is fine, main point being player values change yearly. So if you're gonna call out leaf fans for being happy with Holl when he was playing excellent it's also just as ok to call you out when you had some crazy high expectations on Mansons return, even though you thought they were ok almost all of us thought it was a crazy asking price both then and now

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Which is fine, main point being player values change yearly. So if you're gonna call out leaf fans for being happy with Holl when he was playing excellent it's also just as ok to call you out when you had some crazy high expectations on Mansons return, even though you thought they were ok almost all of us thought it was a crazy asking price both then and now
Manson and holl are quiet a bit different… no one was doubting Manson at the time of trade posts…. His stats were good he brought an edge to his game. He was always a good physical top 4 dmen…. Holl was never…. And was more or less an ideal bottom pairing guy at best.
Leaf fans wouldn’t make any trade that risked exposing holl…. You can prob find plenty of threads where I say Seattle would take dermott over holl… pretty easily

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Manson and holl are quiet a bit different… no one was doubting Manson at the time of trade posts…. His stats were good he brought an edge to his game. He was always a good physical top 4 dmen…. Holl was never…. And was more or less an ideal bottom pairing guy at best.
Leaf fans wouldn’t make any trade that risked exposing holl…. You can prob find plenty of threads where I say Seattle would take dermott over holl… pretty easily

Disagree, Holl played really well last year. He's been complete shit this year though, probably our worst player. I'm not comparing Holl to Manson in anyway, but he was playing really well for us last year and Dermott was kinda meh. At the time he was playing like a legitimate 2nd pairing guy.

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018

To be fair, a lot of those posts weren't saying that Manson was worth Matthews and such but that it would take a massive overpayment for the Ducks to trade Manson. At the time for all of these posts, it was being reported that Ducks management loved Manson more than people do their wives

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Literally a dude on the last thread calling him an elite #1d and others asking for Matthews or Marner in return but ok.

The poster you are referring to is a troll thats been banned on no less than three different accounts, yet even he did not make the statement in question. He said he was grooming to be elite, which is complete nonsense.

No Ducks fan, not even our worst troll, ever claimed that Manson was currently an elite defenseman.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

Lmfao :biglaugh:

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Manson isn't much of an upgrade and the leafs are 2 D away not one . Best option here is dump one of the big 4 and get 2 D and save some $$$ at the same time. The offense will come

Holls Blackmail

“We’re not…how you say….pu*** boys here”
Oct 9, 2021
Holl has played like ass this year but Manson sucks shit and is probably a worse skater. f*** that guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad