Value of: Josh Anderson to the New Jersey Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Dont think he's available. He's the kind of forward that the habs have been lacking for a long time.

It would make sense for the habs to trade their other wingers such as Drouin, Toffoli, Hoffman, etc. before thinking of trading Anderson.

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Dont think he's available. He's the kind of forward that the habs have been lacking for a long time.

It would make sense for the habs to trade their other wingers such as Drouin, Toffoli, Hoffman, etc. before thinking of trading Anderson.

What would be the price for Toffoli or Hoffman

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Anderson always looks impressive on the ice but doesn't actually produce that much. He was great the first half of last season, then he went the last 20ish games without a goal and seems to have continued that trend this year. Those power foward-esque drives to the net sure are exciting though.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
If I was the Habs and the decision was to rebuild i would take a 1st from the Devils.

The rebuild would probably take 3 to 5 years and Anderson turns 28 this year. He is going to be on the back.end of that contract and who knows what his health looks like at that time.

The pick will probably be late teens early 20s. JG has had some pretty good luck picking in that range.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Seems like the kind of player you’d want Jack Hughes to play with. The Ducks would probably be interested in that kind of player for the same reason.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Anderson always looks impressive on the ice but doesn't actually produce that much. He was great the first half of last season, then he went the last 20ish games without a goal and seems to have continued that trend this year. Those power foward-esque drives to the net sure are exciting though.
What surprised me with Anderson is two things- how he can disappear completely in games when he’s not engaged( consistency), AND how fragile he is! Guys always always leaving games. He’s twice gallys size and puts up with a fraction of the punishment and has this insane tendency of being hurt

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
For Anderson, we're mainly interested in good prospects and under-25 players, preferably right-handed defencemen and centers. We can take a bad contract back as well, as long as it's reasonable.

Reactions: Devonator

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
cant trade all our vets but no one is untouchable depending on the offer

stats might not be impressive but all our players suck this year plus him with Hughes could be a nice line

Reactions: Grabner

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I would love Big Josh back on the Blue Jackets. Do you want Max Domi back? Or are the Habs going for a deep rebuild?

What surprised me with Anderson is two things- how he can disappear completely in games when he’s not engaged( consistency), AND how fragile he is! Guys always always leaving games. He’s twice gallys size and puts up with a fraction of the punishment and has this insane tendency of being hurt

Gally gets hacked at in the crease. Josh rams guys at car crash speed. I don't think he's that fragile considering the carnage he skates into.

Reactions: japhi

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Would Janne Kuokkanen + Jesper Boqvist + Nolan Foote get the conversation started?
Possibly, depending on how our scouting staff sees Boqvist and Foote.

I would gladly take only one prospect, provided his development path or potential makes it worth a while.

Edit:

I guess Kuokkanen is basically a contract New Jersey wishes to dump. That's ok. We can take that.

With Boqvist, it's NHL or waivers next year, isn't it? We would need someone whose either better than Dvorak or Evans as soon as next year, or a waiver exempt player.

So that leaves Foote as the main piece. Would that be enough for Anderson? Likely not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadienna

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
As already stated Anderson is likely the 2nd least likely winger we move after Caufield.

It is likely one or two of Gally, Toffoli, Hoffman, and Drouin would like be available price dependent.

Toffoli I'd probably want a 1st + decent prospect

Hoffman 2nd + Decent prospect

Drouin and Gally I don't know what they are worth tbh. Some GMs prbly value them but many also prbly don't.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Would Janne Kuokkanen + Jesper Boqvist + Nolan Foote get the conversation started?

Spare parts don't get you upgrades, only thing in here of actual value is Kuokkanen.
I really don't know why you bother with these threads, it'll inevitably be them asking for Holtz, Smith, Mercer, Hughes or 1st round picks and those aren't pieces they'd trade right now

Reactions: Galaxydoggystyle

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I would love Big Josh back on the Blue Jackets. Do you want Max Domi back? Or are the Habs going for a deep rebuild?

Gally gets hacked at in the crease. Josh rams guys at car crash speed. I don't think he's that fragile considering the carnage he skates into.
Then he isn’t bright man haha. He’s wrwckless and doesn’t help his team when he’s out. He’s gotta learn to play to his strengths without being senseless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad