Player Discussion Joonas Korpisalo

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Needed a couple more saves that’s for sure. At least two of those were on the goalie.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Kastelic was the sweetener but should have gotten another pick.
A fourth liner, even a good one, doesn’t offset taking on that terrible contract. Should have been more like a mid first round pick and B prospect to help even it out.

And then, following this line of thinking, I guess we are saying the 25th pick in a draft where picks 20 to 50 were about equally weighted is fair compensation for an elite in-his-prime recent Vezina winner with a $5M AAV. I would call that massive underpayment.

I didn't find much to blame with Korpi last night. He made some great saves, including breakways shots, and he looked like a solid NHL goaltender. No goalie was going to look good with that shitshow in front of them, not even our 8.25 million dollar man.
Expected goals was 5.37, hr let in six. So he stopped the ones he should, but didn’t steal any away. Fine, but that’s not the type of guy you commit 4 years at $3M to.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
pretty easy buy out numbers next season, not a big deal
Eye of the beholder, I guess, but you are looking at an average (it fluctuates, of course) cap hit at a little over $1M per year through 2031 if you buyout in the next opportunity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad