Jonathan Lekkerimaki - Arrived in Abbotsford

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com please DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Excited to have this player hopefully make the team out of training camp (I predict he will). He will be a game changer for our power play because he can one time the puck from the left side much better (imo) than Boeser or Miller, who play in that spot on the PP. Once Lekk starts sniping from the left side, the PK will have to start defending more of that area, which will mean more room for Pettersson to unleash his deadly one timer.
Who does he bump from the roster? Unless a trade is made, I can't see him making the team out of training camp. But he could be an early injury call up.

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Excited to have this player hopefully make the team out of training camp (I predict he will). He will be a game changer for our power play because he can one time the puck from the left side much better (imo) than Boeser or Miller, who play in that spot on the PP. Once Lekk starts sniping from the left side, the PK will have to start defending more of that area, which will mean more room for Pettersson to unleash his deadly one timer.

Miller is the playmaker on the PP though. The PP mostly runs through Miller and Hughes. Based on last year's configuration, Boeser is likely back in the bumper position.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lowkey I think he makes the team out of training camp, and him being a dark horse for the Calder.

Heinen-Miller-Boeser
Debrusk-EP-Lekk/Sprong
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Hoglander-Suter-Sherwood/Pods
That would be an absolute perfect scenario, although unlikely. But Allvin seems to be a believer. He claims Lekkerimki is going to get a long look at training camp and into the exhibition schedule. I suspect he'll get a lot of PP time, to see if he can replicate some of his scoring exploits from along the half wall.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Will need to temper expectations, but becoming a second line scoring winger doesn’t seem unrealistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad