In Memoriam Johnny Gaudreau & Matthew Gaudreau killed by drunk driver while cycling (MOD WARNING. No Flaming, Trolling, or Politics.)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The custom version of Johnny B. Goode that they got at the vigil was a really nice touch.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
I doubt it's the goal of very many people to create wealth such that their children never need to work. Whether the money is there or not, I think most people would want to work towards goals and a career.....I think most people would feel a bit lost as to what to do with their life if they were simply living off $$$ sitting there for them. Don't get me wrong, I want to retire as early as I can....but even when I do, I'll likely take a part time job somewhere at some point....who knows. I know I couldn't go through life at 20 and not ever working though......sounds wonderful and relaxing, lots of freedom, etc.....but would like wear off pretty quickly.
Yeah. I have a week or 2 off work and I’m mad bored after like day 3-4

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
YT really suggesting these without remorse... :(

There's always something about a small skater, short stick and a 3" stick blade matched with a regulation puck that just makes me lmfao. So cartoonish.

Reminder to pop into your local ice pad once in a while. There's a whole lot of great hockey going on. It's free and it's hilariously entertaining.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Journalist?

Private people like that Kicks are entitled to their opinion.

Mine is that Higgins should rot in prison for the rest of his life because what he did wasn’t a mistake. It was a decision.
You have every right to your opinion, but if you're calling for life in prison or a firing squad or other violent fantasies you're just venting. Just like the guy claiming Higgins had no remorse – a lot of attention and rage over something that was made up. Nothing wrong with venting, as long as we don't seriously expect the real world to act on our anger.

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The NHL should increase the first round to 33 picks for the next draft and give Columbus the 13th pick as a bonus pick.

Ive seen this mentioned across the internet and not to be a dick but it's a bad idea. Tragedy aside, teams won't be happy about Columbus getting a free first round pick. Especially if they already have a pick 1-12. Thats two lottery picks.

I just looked up Gaudreaus career earnings. Estimated $73M he has made in his career to date.

His family, kids, wife, sister even grand kids I'm sure will be taken care of for the rest of their lives.

His kids I'm sure will still work when they get to that age but like someone else already said, they have the freedom to do just about anything in life that majority of society would never be able to do.

His wife is also a doctor, which is obviously a well paying profession.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Ive seen this mentioned across the internet and not to be a dick but it's a bad idea. Tragedy aside, teams won't be happy about Columbus getting a free first round pick. Especially if they already have a pick 1-12. Thats two lottery picks.

His wife is also a doctor, which is obviously a well paying profession.
Draft is pretty much a crap shoot after the top 10 and I'm sure most teams drafting after that won't be happy but how often does a star player die in the middle of their playing career? It also makes for a good story for Columbus and NHL fans to follow this kids career as kind of the torch carrier for Gaudreau.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Draft is pretty much a crap shoot after the top 10 and I'm sure most teams drafting after that won't be happy but how often does a star player die in the middle of their playing career? It also makes for a good story for Columbus and NHL fans to follow this kids career as kind of the torch carrier for Gaudreau.

Did Philly get a pick when Pelle Lindbergh died? They did not.

There's tons of ways to honour Gaudreau, giving his team a free lottery pick is not one of them.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
YT really suggesting these without remorse... :(

Absurd that any 9 year old can skate like that. Sometimes we forget how good he was and how good NHL players are. He was runner up for the scoring trophy a couple years ago.

He was sort of writen off after his first two underwhelming years (by his standards at least) in Columbus.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Absurd that any 9 year old can skate like that. Sometimes we forget how good he was and how good NHL players are. He was runner up for the scoring trophy a couple years ago.

He was sort of writen off after his first two underwhelming years (by his standards at least) in Columbus.
It got me watching more Brick tourney vids.
Absurd those kids can skate like that at that age.

I usually watch like 5 mins of a game if I'm at the mall while the tourney is going on and always think "I wonder if one of these kids will be a future HOFer".

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I just looked up Gaudreaus career earnings. Estimated $73M he has made in his career to date.

His family, kids, wife, sister even grand kids I'm sure will be taken care of for the rest of their lives.

His kids I'm sure will still work when they get to that age but like someone else already said, they have the freedom to do just about anything in life that majority of society would never be able to do.
They'll never see their dad on fathers day, or their birthday or any other major milestone in their life. I'm a grown ass man and if I had the option of bringing my dad back or 70M, I choose my dad every single time. It's nice the kids will be taken care of financially for sure, but not having their father is also a handicap most other children won't have. Whatever they go through in their lives, losing their father so young is something majority of society doesn't have to experience growing up.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

I usually watch like 5 mins of a game if I'm at the mall while the tourney is going on and always think "I wonder if one of these kids will be a future HOFer".
The stats are pretty crazy for the kids that lead the tournament in scoring that make it to the nhl

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

that johnny brick highlights are great

Reactions: Coffey

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
It was their anniversary too.

Screenshot_20240907_074738_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Not really man. It will not last to his grandkids if his children are not doing anything except burning money. And it is certainly not enough to allow his extended family to do whatever they want in life. It’s enough to give his children a comfortable life and that’s about it

• Wow
Reactions: Eyeseeing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad