In Memoriam Johnny Gaudreau & Matthew Gaudreau killed by drunk driver while cycling (MOD WARNING. No Flaming, Trolling, or Politics.)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
So tough to watch both those tributes, but well worth it.

As a life long hockey fan since the first days of Gretzky, rivalries have been such a huge part of the landscape of the game for me. I find myself changed forever in my acknowledgement of rival players. This has been a harsh but necessary reminder that these players are individuals with lives far beyond the sport. Husbands, fathers, brothers and sons. I can say that I will always have that as my foremost thought before all else.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
The example I gave regarding Stajan was a decade ago. It's always been disgustingly toxic. Also this isn't the thread for you to do whatever it is you are doing making minor corrections thinking you are funny or clever. You aren't.
Lol ok. I wasn't making "minor corrections." I was making fun of Twitter.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Johnny having his favourite routine pre-game meal. Big plate of pasta and a Coke or Pepsi.

458103690_122175398030122784_1532671838305435645_n.jpg

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
He worked hard to potentially create generational wealth. I feel like that’s any father’s dream. Those kids have to grow up without a father but in return they gain complete freedom of living life the way most of us can never dream of.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
He worked hard to potentially create generational wealth. I feel like that’s any father’s dream. Those kids have to grow up without a father but in return they gain complete freedom of living life the way most of us can never dream of.
I doubt it's the goal of very many people to create wealth such that their children never need to work. Whether the money is there or not, I think most people would want to work towards goals and a career.....I think most people would feel a bit lost as to what to do with their life if they were simply living off $$$ sitting there for them. Don't get me wrong, I want to retire as early as I can....but even when I do, I'll likely take a part time job somewhere at some point....who knows. I know I couldn't go through life at 20 and not ever working though......sounds wonderful and relaxing, lots of freedom, etc.....but would like wear off pretty quickly.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
I doubt it's the goal of very many people to create wealth such that their children never need to work. Whether the money is there or not, I think most people would want to work towards goals and a career.....I think most people would feel a bit lost as to what to do with their life if they were simply living off $$$ sitting there for them. Don't get me wrong, I want to retire as early as I can....but even when I do, I'll likely take a part time job somewhere at some point....who knows. I know I couldn't go through life at 20 and not ever working though......sounds wonderful and relaxing, lots of freedom, etc.....but would like wear off pretty quickly.
Right, but that post said "have to work." I took it to mean they hope the kids are never in a position where they need to earn a paycheck, not they hope the kids never do anything with their lives because they're rich.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I’m 23 years old and if I won the powerball I wouldn’t simply retire I’d try to double or triple that money through probably the oil and gas industry or real estate but having that freedom would be very nice. But there is a saying that tough times create strong people and easy times create weak people. I’m not sure if I’d have the same mindset with knowing I’d have that freedom.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The NHL should increase the first round to 33 picks for the next draft and give Columbus the 13th pick as a bonus pick.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The NHL should increase the first round to 33 picks for the next draft and give Columbus the 13th pick as a bonus pick.
So assuming CBJ finishes in the bottom 13 this coming season, and thats a strong possibility, CBJ gets two top 13 draft picks?
I think those teams picking 14th or later might have a problem with this plan.
Btw, over the past 4 drafts, Columbus has drafted 4th, 3rd, 6th, and 5th.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I just looked up Gaudreaus career earnings. Estimated $73M he has made in his career to date.

His family, kids, wife, sister even grand kids I'm sure will be taken care of for the rest of their lives.

His kids I'm sure will still work when they get to that age but like someone else already said, they have the freedom to do just about anything in life that majority of society would never be able to do.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I just looked up Gaudreaus career earnings. Estimated $73M he has made in his career to date.

His family, kids, wife, sister even grand kids I'm sure will be taken care of for the rest of their lives.

His kids I'm sure will still work when they get to that age but like someone else already said, they have the freedom to do just about anything in life that majority of society would never be able to do.
Sure, but some things are worth more than money. Such as knowing your loving father.
I'm glad the kids will see all the videos about their dad, but that still isn't the same. They've lost their father forever. That's the part that saddens me the most about this.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Huge inspiration to undersized players? Come on now. It's not like he was Muggsy Bogues.

Gionta, Fluery, Marchand, Roy, St. Louis, Chico, Gump, Vachon, Keon, Dionne, Richard.

Johnny was by all accounts a great person and a very good player, but let's serve his memory properly by not inventing narratives.

You do realize each NEW generation has NEW heroes, right?

Reactions: CBJx614

CannonFire1

Jun 22, 2023
So assuming CBJ finishes in the bottom 13 this coming season, and thats a strong possibility, CBJ gets two top 13 draft picks?
I think those teams picking 14th or later might have a problem with this plan.
Btw, over the past 4 drafts, Columbus has drafted 4th, 3rd, 6th, and 5th.
I don't think the league should gift Columbus anything. But as a fan of the team I would like to see them get a #1 OA pick at least once (without having to trade up for it).

Reactions: muddywaters

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
This was the Flames Vigil if anyone wants to watch it. Lanny, Backlund and Conroy spoke.

Watching that was pretty tough. Johnny Hockey never played for any team that I like in particular, but I always rooted for him specifically. So electric, entertaining, and, of course, a huge inspiration to any of us that were a little too short to have a great shot at making the show. His brother shouldn't be forgotten either. This is a huge tragedy for the whole family.

It still doesn't feel real. I just can't believe this happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad