In Memoriam Johnny Gaudreau & Matthew Gaudreau killed by drunk driver while cycling (MOD WARNING. No Flaming, Trolling, or Politics.)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Another note on that.
Pelle died on his Porche
Hextall took the net , and in New York Rangers fans yelled "Hey Hextall , buy a Porsche "
Never could stand the Rangers
You see worse online now.
When Colby Cave died someone wrote on Twitter "he's in a better place now #oilerssuck"

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
Byng is the one I am proposing. Gretzky doesn't exude the kind of class on and off the ice the way Johnny Gaudreau did, let's be f***ing clear about that. I don't care if Whine Gretzky won 90 of the Byng's. I don't give a shit how horned out blokes are over Wayne's stats in his career, Johnny was an exceptional human being even when he wasn't in the spotlight because he generally had the biggest heart and the kindest soul.

I think Gaudreau is a good example of a player that won the Byng. But it won't happen. He is just too far down the list of names of guys who would get it named over him. A week ago the thread would have been shut down if they asked it to be named after an (alive) Gaudreau. I think the "Beliveau Trophy" would be the best name for it if it changes. But it won't and I am alright with that. But to be honest, I think Gretzky has been a pretty good ambassador of the game regardless of your thoughts on it.

Reactions: Mr. Fancy Pants

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
Btw a gripe about The Masterton trophy (btw, I don't think renaming that one is the move, Byng - yes) is that it has become a joke for what it gets awarded for nowadays. If you're a player that toiled around the league and has a great run, cool you just won the award. You were old and a HHOF'er that put up 60pts at 44? Cool, you won the award. It became less about going through something and just random bsbs.
Same with the Norris. It basically goes to the d man with the most secondary assists

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
When Colby Cave died someone wrote on Twitter "he's in a better place now #oilerssuck"
Twitter has brought toxicity to a new level. When this news was breaking there were multiple people tweeting vile shit mocking Gaudreau... I also remember reading some sickening comments when Matt Stajan lost his first son. People haven't changed, they just hide behind keyboards and screen names now.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
Twitter has brought toxicity to a new level. When this news was breaking there were multiple people tweeting vile shit mocking Gaudreau... I also remember reading some sickening comments when Matt Stajan lost his first son. People haven't changed, they just hide behind keyboards and screen names now.
You mean X: the everything app™️ has been going downhill? Huh weird

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I’d like to see them rename the road where he died in his honor. “Johnny Gaudreau Memorial Drive”, or something like that. So that no one would forget what happened there.
Or better yet... Lets call the soon to be built Calgary arena the Johnny "Hockey" Gaudreau Memorial Arena?

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Or better yet... Lets call the soon to be built Calgary arena the Johnny "Hockey" Gaudreau Memorial Arena?
I see you working here...better idea would be to rename the street the arena is on after him.

Arena's are named after legends. I refuse to diminish his life in any way...but I'm not sure that is a good tribute for him.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
I see you working here...better idea would be to rename the street the arena is on after him.

Arena's are named after legends. I refuse to diminish his life in any way...but I'm not sure that is a good tribute for him.
Arenas are named after corporations, usually. But I agree the street is a better idea.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
In Columbus tonight

458340612_10234239052627397_8611092252574987788_n.jpg

458475337_18453978904010520_7218882260125429419_n.jpg

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
For anyone who missed it. Jackets players gave tributes to Johnny this morning.

- Jenner
- Gudbransson
- Kuraly
- Werenski

Screenshot_20240904_205024_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
You mean X: the everything app™️ has been going downhill? Huh weird
The example I gave regarding Stajan was a decade ago. It's always been disgustingly toxic. Also this isn't the thread for you to do whatever it is you are doing making minor corrections thinking you are funny or clever. You aren't.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012

Arenas are named after corporations, usually. But I agree the street is a better idea.

13th Avenue used to go right through the land where the arena is being built. Gaudreau Memorial Avenue would work well, also to the north of the arena is 12th venue and I think some of us suspect it may already be planned to change it to Jarome Iginla drive.
It does intersect with 13th Ave IIRC
Checking google maps, and it does, it intersects on both the east and west. With 12th avenue to the north and 14th to teh south.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I dunno if its much worse, just easier to hide behind online anonymity.

We've been hearing horrific chants about the Munich Air Disaster, Heysal, Hillsborough, the Leeds fans deaths in Turkey long before twitter became a platform, and that's just teams with Manchester United rivalries. In College basketball we've seen people chant PLO at Steve Kerr when he was in college (his dad was killed in a terrorist attack in Beirut in the 80s) and Virginia fans chanted "crackhead parents" at Juan Dixon while he was at Maryland (both his parents died of HIV after struggling with Heroin addiction).

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I dunno if its much worse, just easier to hide behind online anonymity.

We've been hearing horrific chants about the Munich Air Disaster, Heysal, Hillsborough, the Leeds fans deaths in Turkey long before twitter became a platform, and that's just teams with Manchester United rivalries. In College basketball we've seen people chant PLO at Steve Kerr when he was in college (his dad was killed in a terrorist attack in Beirut in the 80s) and Virginia fans chanted "crackhead parents" at Juan Dixon while he was at Maryland (both his parents died of HIV after struggling with Heroin addiction).
Some people are disgusting. I can only assume there is something broken in their head.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
1000000283.jpg

“I am really looking forward to being teammates with Johnny again,” Monahan told NHLPA.com after signing with the Blue Jackets. “Johnny (who signed a seven-year, US$68.25-million contract with Columbus as a free agent two summers ago) is motivated to have a big season and be a huge part of the team and I’m excited to have the opportunity to reignite the chemistry we had for close to a decade. He is an amazing teammate, person and friend. I’m looking forward to these next five years.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad