OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in from the Tupelo Music Hall. Saw a Tom Petty tribute band the Breakers.

They were good.

1726282917381.png

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Not looking for a debate on this or any bullshit conspiracy crap just curious on others reaction to the latest Covid shot.

I got mine at noon today and it hit me like a ton of bricks with a wicked case of the chills and some nausea. Goldfish crackers and water helped the nausea but I cannot shake the chills even with blankets and a hoodie on. Got the Moderna vax. If you got it, did you have any reaction to it?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Not looking for a debate on this or any bullshit conspiracy crap just curious on others reaction to the latest Covid shot.

I got mine at noon today and it hit me like a ton of bricks with a wicked case of the chills and some nausea. Goldfish crackers and water helped the nausea but I cannot shake the chills even with blankets and a hoodie on. Got the Moderna vax. If you got it, did you have any reaction to it?
If I remember correctly, I have always received the Moderna variety. I have never had a poor reaction.

I received my first ever shingles shot about 5 weeks ago. Then about 2 1/2 weeks ago my tetanus booster.

My next shot will be the new Covid vaccine, which addresses the newer strains of the virus. Sometime next week.

Finally, my annual flu shot in early to mid-October.

I hope you feel better soon,

🤞✅

Last edited:
Reactions: Gee Wally

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Okay, this is kind of cool. I found this mixed in with a bunch of our old home movies. Why it was there, I have no idea.

The best I can tell from a basic internet search, it was likely made in the 1800s. I suspect it belonged to my great grandfather.

View attachment 907143
That is neat....I have one that during the civil war, an uncle who was a surgeon and a general, was given to him by his father. Engraved with date and a message.

He had no sons so he gave it to his brother to pass on. The brother is a direct descendant so it came to me.

Years ago they named an army hospital after uncle Timothy in Rome NY.

When they had the dedication ceremony, the nearest living relative was my grandfather. They came and picked him up in a limo to take him to the ceremony.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
That is neat....I have one that during the civil war, an uncle who was a surgeon and a general, was given to him by his father. Engraved with date and a message.

He had no sons so he gave it to his brother to pass on. The brother is a direct descendant so it came to me.

Years ago they named an army hospital after uncle Timothy in Rome NY.

When they had the dedication ceremony, the nearest living relative was my grandfather. They came and picked him up in a limo to take him to the ceremony.
I love stuff like this

Reactions: shelbysdad

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
A week from today! First home preseason
I plan on getting tickets for that game soon to take my daughter to her first Bruins game. Ideally we’re going to be on the glass for warmups. I keep saying it’s for her to try and get a puck but deep down I want one too :laugh:

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad