OT: Fitness and Nutrition XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
@Lafleurs Guy I just finished a Phanang. Pretty good. It's like Khao Soi but without the pickles and crispy noodles.

Thailand is a pretty vast country with diverse offering and the monsoon doesn't hit the same every where at the same time. So far I've only gotten bad weather in Krabi and I've stayed here 3 days. It rains 15 minutes and then it's sunny 1 hour.

A 12h layover with activities beats a 3 hour one in my book but to each their own. Plus it allows you to ease into the time zone much better.

This is also the only time I could take 3 weeks off and my girlfriend too and I wanted to train Muay thai a bit.
Having experienced unseasonal monsoons, hurricanes, typhoons and flash -floods, the adage ''once bitten twice shy '' rings true for my holiday plans. Nothing worse than having to be evacuated while having no electricity or water. These type destinations are typically already oppressive with the high heat and humidity and experiencing without air-conditioning and what-not compounds the misery. Call it shit luck but if I get that during the so called ''safe'' season, no way am I risking it during the recommended ''do not travel to '' season, know what I'm saying. I just don't see the urgency to go, Thailand and Thai boxing will always be there, even during the more palatable dry season. But as you mentioned, to each their own. Stay safe and happy travels!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad