In Memoriam Johnny Gaudreau & Matthew Gaudreau killed by drunk driver while cycling (MOD WARNING. No Flaming, Trolling, or Politics.)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Huh? Matt never played an NHL game and never would have. He barely played any games in the AHL either. I’m guessing he’s earned pretty close to $0 playing hockey.

Not sure what the wealth of his brother has anything to do with him.
I would be pretty dissapointed if gaudreau’s wife didn’t help out in a huge way financially to Matthew’s family

Reactions: Devonator

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I would be pretty dissapointed if gaudreau’s wife didn’t help out in a huge way financially to Matthew’s family
Why? She has no obligation to financially support them. She is going to be going through a life long ordeal and the mental trauma attached to what has happened. I am sure she may help but it’s not her primary burden.

Reactions: johan f

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone

We know nothing of the two wives' relationship. I know several brothers whose wives absolutely despise each other. I hope that's not the case here, but don't assume because the brothers were close that Matthew's family is assured of anything now.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Purple gato and skittles. Beautiful.

View attachment 904365
Flames tribute outside the dome. Love the outpouring of support the city has produced. Ditto for Columbus.
My wife and I live down in NW Montana, and we’ve recently fallen in love with the city of Calgary. Took my 2 year old son to his first hockey game at the Dome. For that alone it’ll hold a special place in my heart, but now that feeling is amplified. It’s an amazing city with some amazing people. As a CBJ fan I loved seeing all the Johnny Hockey jerseys still even after he left. I know the entire community is grieving now, and I am down here as well.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
We know nothing of the two wives' relationship. I know several brothers whose wives absolutely despise each other. I hope that's not the case here, but don't assume because the brothers were close that Matthew's family is assured of anything now.
All I said is I’d be dissapointed if gaudreau’s wife didn’t help out, your right they may not be close, I’d feel obligated if I was gaudreau’s wife but maybe I’m too nice

Last edited by a moderator:

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
In Calgary

457511377_541850814842491_3858927487300394319_n.jpg

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Awesome

Meredith Gaudreau is an amazing woman and gives me hope on mankind. Well done Meredith and well said. Godspeed on you and madeleine’s road ro recovery. Life isn’t fair, and I’m sorry for your losses. Things will get better. The gaudreau brothers would want their wives and children to mourn, and live their best life like any passing of a loved one. You and madelaine’s surrounding family and friends will heal, and live exceptional lives.

Last edited:

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I still can't believe Johnny is gone. 2 years ago, he was living the time of his life. Gets married and signs a 7 year deal with Columbus.

View attachment 904388
I was never a big Johnny Hockey fan, but that doesn’t matter. This young man was taken far too soon due to a senseless act. This passing will be felt across many leagues. Johnny and Matthew will be greatly missed.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
To be honest, my favorite Gaudreau clip to reappear is the one where he's a groomsman at Kevin Hayes wedding (he's had a rough couple years), and at the reception they are celebrating and Gaudreau is on Brady Tkachuk's shoulders dancing, while Matt Tkachuk has his arm behind him. On spittin Chiclits over the years we've always heard stories of Gaudreau being the life of the party and a great guy, and that summed it up.

He was absolutely beloved by fellow players, and that Boston/New England network of players is insanely close. This will be felt by pretty much every team in the league.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
He reminds me a bit of Datsyuk and Hemsky. So Smooth. His hands and feet and mind are all in unison. That's why they call him . . .

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Damn, I'm not sure I can watch that.

Like, I want to pay my respects and see him play hockey but... something about seeing the joy in those moments knowing what happened seems tough right now.
Fair enough. But down the road of time, that's a reason he is called Johnny Hockey!

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
I don't get the hate for the go fund me. It is for Johnny's brother's family. He wasn't making millions.

1. You don't have to donate.

2. If a bunch of the hockey community want to get together and help out Johnny's sister in law and niece/nephew that's their choice.

3. They had a goal of 25k and it was mainly to cover funeral expenses and baby expenses with her taking time off work to grieve. They didn't ask for 400k, it is through generosity of the community that the amount is so high already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad