In Memoriam Johnny Gaudreau & Matthew Gaudreau killed by drunk driver while cycling (MOD WARNING. No Flaming, Trolling, or Politics.)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
Come on guys, seriously. Stop f***ing arguing.

A man is dead with his brother.

TightWrap.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal

This makes my heart ache so much. My 2 girls are the same age, and I couldn't imagine my wife or I not being there for them.

I hate this so much. Everything I read makes me hate this more and more.

Oilers nation is sending the Gaudreau's the Jackets, and Flames nation brotherly love. This is such an awful thing that happened to some truly good people.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Yeah I don’t get the gofundme…doing a gofundme for an nhler whose brother is worth 10’s of millions…just hard to wrap my head around that
Matthew Gaudreau's wife is not the beneficiary of whatever money Johnny Gaudreau had from his career.

Secondly - a gofundme is a way for people to show love and support. If any part of that can offer even an ounce of solace to the family right now...sounds like a worthwhile thing to me.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
I wasn’t a fan of the Flames or BJs…..but damn, he was hard to root against. Few hockey players carried such a good vibe about them!

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011
I'm thinking the nhl should honor Johnny with an award in his name. An award given to players who against all odds, not only make it to the NHL but they excel there too. That's Johnny's career in a nutshell.

that doesnt make any sense, no one is expected to play in the NHL from the start

Last edited:

cole von cole

Mar 1, 2016
View attachment 904347

This is a very sad picture, because by the looks of it that is a birthday for Gaudreau and it is 31. I knew he turned 31 in 2024 but didn't know when. So I looked it up. Dang, it was August 13th. That picture is probably right on that day, two weeks before he dies. That is a heartbreaking picture, because neither of those kids will ever know their dad and it might be the last picture they are in with him. Looks like such a happy moment too, and two weeks later it wasn't.
Those kids are really young.

This is just so awful in every possible way.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
From what I researched quickly Gaudreau might be the biggest nhl star to die during his career since George Vezina in the 30s

Just such a f***ed up thing, he had just entered his prime
He would be the biggest star to die since Pelle Lindbergh of the Flyers who had just won the Vezina trophy a few months before his untimely demise in 1985.....sadly Pelle's death was the result of him being impaired.....Remember it like it was yesterday.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Matthew Gaudreau's wife is not the beneficiary of whatever money Johnny Gaudreau had from his career.

Secondly - a gofundme is a way for people to show love and support. If any part of that can offer even an ounce of solace to the family right now...sounds like a worthwhile thing to me.
Look, I'm not donating, because I think there are more deserving causes of the disposable money I have. But, looking at the list, outside anonymous (which is likely other NHLers), most of the big time donors are other NHLers who know the economics of the league and are more than glad to help. $1,000 to $1500 by every full time NHLer is nothing compared to their yearly paycheque and would quickly add up to a very large amount of money. For some of the names I've seen, who have career earnings over 50m dollars or more, they make pretty much $1,000 for stepping out for 3 shifts in a game when averaged out. A ton of them either knew Johnny or respected him as part of their brotherhood. If they are fine doing it because they want to help improve the life of Johnny's niece or nephew, an easy way for it to be collected such as GoFundMe is great.

Last edited:

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Yeah I don’t get the gofundme…doing a gofundme for an nhler whose brother is worth 10’s of millions…just hard to wrap my head around that
Huh? Matt never played an NHL game and never would have. He barely played any games in the AHL either. I’m guessing he’s earned pretty close to $0 playing hockey.

Not sure what the wealth of his brother has anything to do with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad