Traverse City “Tournament”

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Sa couple things:

1) its a Red Wings game day!! It feels good to have some red wings hockey to follow. We are so back!

2) what the hell happened to this tournament. It use to be the cream of the crop for rookie tournaments and now it’s just Detroit and Dallas playing a couple of games. Why did everyone else abandon it?

will the red wings join another tournament (Buffalo?) in the coming years?

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Sa couple things:

1) its a Red Wings game day!! It feels good to have some red wings hockey to follow. We are so back!

2) what the hell happened to this tournament. It use to be the cream of the crop for rookie tournaments and now it’s just Detroit and Dallas playing a couple of games. Why did everyone else abandon it?

will the red wings join another tournament (Buffalo?) in the coming years?
Mostly cost from my understanding. Teams just didn’t see the benefit paying to send prospects all the way up there rather than staying close to home.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Weak sauce, Idk, should have at least invited the Flyers, Panthers and Islanders who I don't think are playing in any tournaments.

Buffalo must have a nicer set up.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
I remember the area hosting teams from around the league, including the old Thrashers team from here prior to its relocation. I think what happened is some organizations adopted similar models as the Wings had with Traverse City, and now we just have a couple games with the Stars prospects instead of a bona fide tournament. I think there were only four teams last year.

Reactions: SirloinUB

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
I mean, on paper our team should be blowing Dallas out of the water. They have one of the lowest pools in league. It’s just disappointing.
Do they have more proffessional experience? They could have a bunch of low floor pros that could beat our high cieling kids.

Wings have been dominating the puck from what I've watched. I am a bit behind the stream though

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013

Michael Brand Eggs

Knee Guard
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Reactions: heyfolks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad