In Memoriam Johnny Gaudreau & Matthew Gaudreau killed by drunk driver while cycling (MOD WARNING. No Flaming, Trolling, or Politics.)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
I like how the English soccer leagues changed from a moment of silence to a moment of applause where everyone just cheers really loudly. Also gets rid of the chance of idiots yelling stupid shit because they know that everyone can hear them.

I feel like a moment of silence fits when someone dies tragically like Gaudreau brothers, but a moment of applause is when a legend dies in old age like Gordie Howe.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I feel like a moment of silence fits when someone dies tragically like Gaudreau brothers, but a moment of applause is when a legend dies in old age like Gordie Howe.
I get your point, but maybe a happy medium would work. A moment of silence to mourn, then a moment of cheering to celebrate their life.

Reactions: Viqsi

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I like how the English soccer leagues changed from a moment of silence to a moment of applause where everyone just cheers really loudly. Also gets rid of the chance of idiots yelling stupid shit because they know that everyone can hear them.
I'm pretty sure that's like 90% of the reason they did it.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Also gets rid of the chance of idiots yelling stupid shit because they know that everyone can hear them.
Why can’t people (everyone) shut up?

My FB memories gave me a clip I shit at a concert a decade ago. The band was playing a mini acoustic set, and extended one piece ent dropping it all the way down and turning off the PA. And people were just whooping and shouting and all manner of making themselves heard during the quiet.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
Why can’t people (everyone) shut up?

My FB memories gave me a clip I shit at a concert a decade ago. The band was playing a mini acoustic set, and extended one piece ent dropping it all the way down and turning off the PA. And people were just whooping and shouting and all manner of making themselves heard during the quiet.
I think I'm on the side of the people shouting 🤣

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad