In Memoriam Johnny Gaudreau & Matthew Gaudreau killed by drunk driver while cycling (MOD WARNING. No Flaming, Trolling, or Politics.)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Two days ago Sean Monahan gave an interview talking about how excited he was to play together again so their kids could grow up together.

Three years ago we lost Matiss Kivlenieks, also in a freak accident over a holiday weekend at a family wedding.

I have barely slept since I saw the first rumor was posted on reddit. The bits that came out were too specific, elaborate, and random to be a hoax but still, had to hope.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
This is so f***ed up on so many levels. Their sister was supposed to have her wedding today and Johnny's brother was supposed to be the best man.

RIP Johnny Hockey and his brother Matthew :(

Last edited:
Reactions: kevistar

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
All the best to their family, the loss is unimaginable but over time healing however partial will come and with it the ability to cherish the time you had together.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
RIP.
I truly do feel sorry for the family right now. It's one thing to lose one person but two at the same time is stuff of nightmares.
He’s asking if it’s confirmed that it was a drunk driver. I just saw an article that said no arrests were made but who knows when the rush to release info is on

This report shows the conditions outside, dark and raining. Only mention of the driver was they remained at the scene.

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
PEDRICKTOWN, N.J. (CBS) — Columbus Blue Jackets player Johnny Gaudreau and his brother were killed in a crash Thursday night in Salem County, New Jersey, State Police confirmed to CBS News Philadelphia.

Gaudreau, 31, and his 29-year-old brother Matthew were riding bikes on County Route 551 in Oldmans Township, Salem County on Thursday night when they were struck by a man driving a Jeep.

Police said the driver, 43-year-old Sean Higgins of Woodstown, New Jersey, attempted to pass a slower vehicle when he hit the Gaudreau brothers.

The Blue Jackets confirmed the Gaudreaus deaths in a post on X.

Higgins was detained under suspicion he was under the influence of alcohol and charged with two counts of death by auto. He was taken to the Salem County Correctional Facility.

According to officials, the New Jersey State Police talked to the driver who remained at the scene.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad