In Memoriam Johnny Gaudreau & Matthew Gaudreau killed by drunk driver while cycling (MOD WARNING. No Flaming, Trolling, or Politics.)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
Do you know when you write WTF when something that goes out of the ordinary happens, but you kind of just write it out of habit?

I was checking my FB, and the Pens feed just popped up with a condolences post about the brothers. I literally yelled WTF!

Man, this is so painfully heartbreaking. RIP, dudes!

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I don't feel bad for the guy whatsoever, but I also feel awful for his wife and kids. The dude is rightfully going to rot in prison and his family is also going to be ruined.

Just don't drink and drive people.
It's okay to feel bad for everyone involved but man 31 is so young and 2 brothers....parents should never have to bury their children.

Reactions: Bleach Clean

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
It's crazy we never know when it's gonna be our last day on this earth, that's why I always say I love you to my wife and kids before I leave the house. It's gonna be rough for the Gaudreau family they will need a lot of support. Very sad day for the hockey world.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
RIP Johnny Hockey and Matthew

Drunk driver. This isn’t an accident, this is murder.
That is absolutely correct.

Drunk driving is abhorrent. The person consciously chose to drive.
Unfortunately, that doesn't constitute "murder."
This depends on how it’s looked at. Manslaughter is absolutely culpable homicide. It’s just not classified as such.

Illegal actions that led to the death of 2 innocent people.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
However the solution isn't to punish everyone for the actions of the stupid few. Most people know their limits and stick within them. Lowering the tolerance to 0 only hurts those people. The other morons are still going to get obliterated and drive, as they've made it clear they don't care about the law. Punish those assholes harder. Don't make even more laws that only hurt the average law abiding citizen
The idea of 'limits' directly leads to a guy drinking a 6-pack of beer and driving. The only limit you always know if you've overstepped is zero.
Also, not using psychoactive substances before driving isn't punishment, it's taking precautions not to hurt yourself and others.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Rodion Amirov had signed his ELC and was pretty much a lock to have a solid NHL career when he tragically past a few years ago. But there has never in NHL history been a player on the level of Gaudreau who died in his prime. Closest thing is probably that Swedish Goalie I forget his name I think it’s something like Pelle Lindbergh
Lindbergh is the one that comes to mind, ya. He was absolutely the level of elite Johnny Hockey was, had just won the Vezina.

That day sucked, I was just a kid but really liked him for some reason. He authored that story himself though. This one is worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad