Johnny Gaudreau, brother Matthew pass away after being struck by drunk driver in Salem County, NJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This dude my uncle used to work with & he still keeps in contact with every once in while. This guy ultimately ended up doing 3 years in PA state prison for accumulating up too many DUI’s. I don’t know his overall number he’s definitely over double digit in total but some of them were in NJ. So not sure how many it actually took him in PA for them to just put him prison. But that’s ultimately just the times he got caught & somehow miraculously he never seriously hurt anybody or worse. I think he hit a few a parked cars & hurt himself a few times but never anything serious. So I’m guessing that’s how he kept getting away with it. He’d do some like monthly sentences in between there too in county jails.

The dude is ultimately clean now & has been for a decade now. He don't drive but not sure if that’s by choice or legal reasons. But it’s wild nonetheless he got that many chances.

Pennsylvania is pretty lenient as I recall. Virginia starts slapping pretty hard from the first offense.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Pennsylvania is pretty lenient as I recall. Virginia starts slapping pretty hard from the first offense.

I should say too his run pretty started in the 80’s into the 2000’s. I think his last one was around like 2008 or so.

I think it’s Arizona that’s known for being the strictest in the country. I think it’s mandatory prison time for first time offenders regardless of circumstances. I think most other states & for sure PA if you have really no history & it was a victimless situation they’ll enroll into an ARD program.

Last edited:

WolfOfBroadStreet14

Aug 15, 2020
I’ve got a personal story, with something similar happening to a family member this last winter.

I know there would be pushback, but a built in breathalyzer before ignition… I dunno.

If we can put people on the moon, and such then there could be a way.

Have to feel for their spouses/kids.
Built in breathalyzer in all cars would save a lot of lives. Can’t really think of a good reason as to why they shouldn’t do this n

Reactions: Rebels57

Wangstar

Apr 2, 2023
My old flyers buddy popped in at work at 6. Am. He tells me about Johnny and Matthew that they were at a family gathering for the sisters wedding and they got mowed over by a drunk driver.I couldn’t respond and still in disbelief. RIP, prayers for the whole family

Reactions: orangey

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I think this is the most gutted I’ve felt at an athlete’s premature death in my lifetime. Can’t get it out of my mind. A toddler, a baby, an expecting wife, both brothers together, the timing of the wedding, what good natured people they were, and their total utter blamelessness.

One of the bigger smiles I’ve had watching the sport:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think this is the most gutted I’ve felt at an athlete’s premature death in my lifetime. Can’t get it out of my mind. A toddler, a baby, an expecting wife, both brothers together, the timing of the wedding, what good natured people they were, and their total utter blamelessness.

One of the bigger smiles I’ve had watching the sport:

Same here man. Ive been on the verge of tears multiple times today. There are just so many f***ing levels to how tragic this is. Im also equally f***ing mad at the worthless sack of shit responsible.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Gaudreau_Media_083024-30070321-1536x864.png

Sizzle Chest

Aug 22, 2020
Tragically sad to lose one of hockey’s true good guys. My heart aches for the family. RIP Johnny Hockey.

And how just a little patience on the part of the driver could have made for an exponentially different outcome is devastating.

Fuzz

Jul 8, 2010
Southern NJ
Killing someone while drunk driving should be automatic life without parole.

Pulled over for DWI should be PERMANENT license suspension.

Society needs to crack down on this shit.
Agree 100%. It's time to begin teaching our society & especially our children that it's not funny to be drunk. And the same goes for getting high on Pot.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Crazy, I don’t know how many of you are fimilar with oldmans township. i295 x 7 Pedericktown NJ.

It’s part of my route making daily deliveries, that whole area from 322 to exit 1 295

Very dark at night, farmland galore if you know you know. Plus mega warehouses

Huge , Walmart is building a mega warehouse 10x then ever before off exit 4.

Lots of celebrities live there. Carson Wentz had a home in Woodstown.

Ike Reese lives in Mickleton.

Plenty of people live in Aston across the River.

It’s nuts the truck traffic

I’m surprised it doesn’t happen more often

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad