Value of: John Marino

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Two years ago he got an underachieving Ty smith + a 3rd. I don't think his stock has gone up in value. I'd expect a similar type return this time around.
Two years ago Pittsburg needed to clear space and Ty Smith was on an ELC, he had a rough year 2 in the NHL only putting up 20 points in 66 games played, but he was still pretty highly thought of as a prospect.
I think teams would love to get Marino now, he's a RHD on a good contract with term.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Take Ottawa out. Marino does not fit the profile management is looking for from all accounts.
Ottawa isn't looking for a shutdown RD who can kill penalties at a quality level? Then what exactly are they looking for?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Ottawa isn't looking for a shutdown RD who can kill penalties at a quality level? Then what exactly are they looking for?
Marino is not a shutdown D. I find he’s pretty soft and makes a lot of bad reads. No interest.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Marino is not a shutdown D. I find he’s pretty soft and makes a lot of bad reads. No interest.
Ahh so you're looking for #HITZZ and not actual defensive play, got it

I'd recommend paying Nikita Zadorov 6 million dollars a year. Surely there's not a reason in a decade across 5 different teams, he hasn't been trusted to play 20 minutes a night in any of those years

Last edited:

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Nope, players who can win battles and box out.
And players who simply just prevent the opposing team from generating shots and chances at an extremely high level?

among 214 dman to play 2000 minutes over the last 5 years:

30th fewest xgoals against
14th fewest corsi against
9th fewest fenwick against
17th fewest shots against

MNPios4

Aug 12, 2020
Assumption here is Hartman waves.

Hartman, Middleton, Rossi & 2025 1st (top 5 protected) for Mercer & Marino.

Mercer adds a top 6 right shot. Marino strengthens the RD position. Hartman could provide more physicality on the Hughes line, Middleton to skate with Nemec & Rossi to replace McLeod.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad