Value of: John Marino

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Buffalo makes a ton of sense. Lindy just had him. Would fit the mold of what we're looking for (IE, a defenseman who is actually good at defending).

Krebs could be that middle 6er that you're looking for, and he still has some upside to him. Rosen is young, but likely NHL ready and would be that speedy middle 6er. Don't think Marino gets you Kulich or Savoie.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Because good teams typically improve their team even in areas of strength to get better.

Not only do we upgrade on him but we get a free asset by trading him !?? Seems like excellent asset management to me

29 year old Pesce ain't better than Marino.

Seems like Jersey realizing exactly what I've argued about Marino for years. He gets owned in front of the net and down low and they want a different skill set.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Hoglander for Marino is the deal that immediately comes to my mind.

Also, it's hilarious that the Devils are going to potentially trade Marino after how many Devils fans told me this guy TOTALLY ROCKS.
I don't necessarily think it's about wanting to trade Marino, they aren't trading Nemec and Hamilton isn't movable right now coming off a major injury and making 9 million.

Management seem to like Pesce better and that makes him expendable, not that he's bad.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It's weird how Jersey fans are suddenly acting like a player they said was one of the best defensive defensemen in the league can now be upgraded...

I still like Marino a lot. Yes, he struggled this past year, but basically our entire D did. He was great the year before. I hope that with a better coach/system he can bounce back, and I am not sure that I would sign Pesce if it were up to me.

However, if we could get a player like Marchment or even Colton in a trade Marino while signing a comparable player in Pesce? Sure, I think that makes a lot of sense. There aren't many of those types of forwards available as UFAs.

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
I also don't really like the idea of trading Marino but like ZBC said above if they value Pesce more and we can get a hole filled at forward by moving Marino then so be it.

Can always improve a roster regardless of who you are trading away.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Buffalo makes a ton of sense. Lindy just had him. Would fit the mold of what we're looking for (IE, a defenseman who is actually good at defending).

Krebs could be that middle 6er that you're looking for, and he still has some upside to him. Rosen is young, but likely NHL ready and would be that speedy middle 6er. Don't think Marino gets you Kulich or Savoie.
Maybe they could still be interested in Johnson? Considering they just traded Bahl.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Why not just run Hamilton, Pesce and Marino down the right side?

Are the Devils more concerned with winning a Stanley Cup or trying to develop Simon Nemec?

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
We have NO desire to trade him lol. He is very good.

But if we are upgrading on him with Pesce, there is no need to keep 4.4 million of his cap when we have 3 stud young Dmen in the wings
Not so sure it's an upgrade....Hoping Pesce rumors aren't true the cost will be bad and he's not aging well according to Canes fans

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Why not just run Hamilton, Pesce and Marino down the right side?

Are the Devils more concerned with winning a Stanley Cup or trying to develop Simon Nemec?

Nemec played over 20 minutes a night last year and more than hold his own.

He is too good to go to the AHL.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Hoglander for Marino is the deal that immediately comes to my mind.

Also, it's hilarious that the Devils are going to potentially trade Marino after how many Devils fans told me this guy TOTALLY ROCKS.
1719335608542.png

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Nemec played over 20 minutes a night last year and more than hold his own.

He is too good to go to the AHL.
Wasn't he a healthy scratch fairly late in the season?

Regardless, I would still trust Marino in the playoffs and important minutes in general over Nemec. That's all that should matter to the Devils.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Regardless, I would still trust Marino in the playoffs and important minutes in general over Nemec. That's all that should matter to the Devils.

I don't really think that means anything? Its not unheard of for 20 year old rookies to get nights off over the course of a long season.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
I imagine the Jets would have interest. In a perfect world they would buyout Schmidt and bring in Marino. A right side of Demelo, Pionk, Marino would be solid.

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
I wouldn’t want to sell on Marino after the year he had, he fits in well with the devils when they’re on their game. But if the devils insist on going after pesce, using Marino for forward help makes sense even if I think pesce might just end up as a more expensive older version of Marino.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024

He was healthy scratched once by moron Travis green immediately after he took over

Reactions: McDuffz88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad