Injury Report: John Marino "months away" from returning

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Seriously, if Soderstrom is willing to come we need to get him signed. He would shine on a third pairing with Kolyachonok.

Not sure if he has personal issues to deal with in Sweden or if it was just a hockey decision.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Seriously, if Soderstrom is willing to come we need to get him signed. He would shine on a third pairing with Kolyachonok.

Not sure if he has personal issues to deal with in Sweden or if it was just a hockey decision.
He's signed a 2-year deal and has played 9 games already by the looks of it. I don't know if it'd be loaning him back to us or breaking a contract, but either way probably unlikely and he knows the organization already and the likelihood of permanently staying up in the NHL thereafter.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Liljegren and/or Shattenkirk is a start. Both are cheap options and far better than anything in Tucson.

Reports are Marino injured himself in training just before camp.
Liliegren could be interesting, but I don't want Shattenkirk, mostly because of age. I would like to find someone that can grow with the group.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Utah is LOADED with assets. Makes sense to trade a little something for some help. Dont wash the season away this early.

A late 2nd for Liljgren is a bit much but doable.
BA will make a trade if he thinks the ROI is worth it and what the ask is.

Reactions: SpaceCoyote

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
4-1-1 start and people are talking trades? LOL! I doubt a trade will materialize any time soon. Marino will be back way before teams are thinking about rebuilding their teams and trading away decent players (that fit with how GMBA envisions the team), right now it isn't worth it in the long term plans of the franchise.
If we are going to fix the holes in the roster, then we should wait until later in the season! Now is not the time!

Reactions: lanky and Jakey53

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
If there's a trade out there, right now, that makes sense, do it. If not, just wait until teams figure out who they are.

Realistically, I think BA will wait until American Thanksgiving before any big moves. I wouldn't be surprised to see a waiver claim/depth defenseman trade in the mean time so we don't have to dress an extra forward as a defenseman down in Tucson.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
4-1-1 start and people are talking trades? LOL! I doubt a trade will materialize any time soon. Marino will be back way before teams are thinking about rebuilding their teams and trading away decent players (that fit with how GMBA envisions the team), right now it isn't worth it in the long term plans of the franchise.
If we are going to fix the holes in the roster, then we should wait until later in the season! Now is not the time!
How much of the 4-1-1 start was with durzi on the lineup?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad