D Leonards Aleksandrs Grundmanis - Luleå HF J18, J18 Region (2027 Draft)

JohnWillow

May 27, 2015
Leonards Aleksandrs Grundmanis (Eliteprospect profile).

Came across a Latvian giant Leonards Aleksandrs Grundmanis. Still just 15-year-old (2009 year born), but already a tank (194cm and 97kg) defencemen who plays his first year in Luleå system.

4+0 in two games with U16 team.
2+8 in six games with the U18 team.

Over a PPG as a 15-year-old D in the U18 league is pretty good.

Anyone who follows Swedish youth leagues knows more about this guy?

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

fan1977

Jul 18, 2022
I’ve watched him play a few games. Interesting player. A man against boys so far. After Christmas when Luleå will play in the j18 national league we will get a better picture. Decent skating and a good shot but again he is so physically dominating in the u16 matches it’s crazy.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
giphy.webp

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Leo comes from a dynasty of defencemen. His uncle was a prospect playing in OHL and USHL, while his father played in the top division of the Soviet league in the 80s.

I'm not sure about the level of opposition in U18 Region, but he seems to have exploded in offensive production out of nowhere this season.

I've noticed him before on eliteprospects, but never actually seen him play and he did not stand out in the stat sheets until moving over to Luleå. If he's a good skater and if he actually moves the puck well, then we're talking.

Hoping to see him play at the Latvian U18 WJC camp in Spring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad