Value of: John Gibson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Ducks look like last year again and Gibson has pulled himself out of two of the last three games... If he was made available what's the highest bidder?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Ducks look like last year again and Gibson has pulled himself out of two of the last three games... If he was made available what's the highest bidder?
Kerfoot+Holl+Mrazek+3rd, before some leaf homer offers similarly.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
What do you mean by “pulled himself out”?
Walked to the bench and said he was done... The first one might have been because they were on a back to back in Canada though and wanted to play both games.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
As an oiler fan I would offer a lot. Guy is the right age for the core and signed for a lot of years.

Problem is Anaheim would have to take some contracts back (ex. Kassian or Koskinan)
M

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

ManByng

Oilers cup 2025
Aug 4, 2009
Reykjavik, Iceland
As an oiler fan I would offer a lot. Guy is the right age for the core and signed for a lot of years.

Problem is Anaheim would have to take some contracts back (ex. Kassian or Koskinan)
M

Koskinen for sure and it might be attractive because of the fact that he’s a UFA after the season so they can let him walk if he sucks of re-sign him for less if he doesn’t. I’d be asking for Skinner and a 1st from the oilers if I’m the Ducks but I feel the Oilers would be cool to this!

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki

M
No chance Ducks trade Gibson to oilers and then even pick up Kassian or Koskinen for it.... it's massively unrealistic.

Reactions: bsu

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Posted this offer on the Oilers board:

1st + Holloway + Skinner

Would this be enough for Anaheim to deal him to a divisional rival?

Koskinen would have to go back for cap but his deal expires at the end of this year.

Unless Gibson asks for a trade or they are very, very high on Stolarz, I doubt it. Anaheim is looking to finish their rebuild sooner or later with the emergence of Terry, Zegras, and Drysdale, and winning and developing these players is more important than another shiny pick and prospect. Add on that this years UFA goalie pool is paper thin, I doubt Anaheim actually considers moving Gibson for anything less than an overpayment.

Reactions: Mr Positive

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
This offer seems reasonable. Well done.

As a recently converted Oiler fan, I just grimace and say that's too much. Holloway is almost here and Gibson has really bad body language when he loses (not as bad as Mike Smith but it's more of the same), he just cannot handle streaks of losses. And I really want to see what Holloway can do. Go oilers.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Trading Gibson would be a terrible idea. For a handful of reasons.

1. Hes a fantastic goalie on a great contract that could actually lead this team to success in the playoffs.

Yes his body language at times can be poor but so was Patrick Roy's. I'd much rather have a guy who hates losing then one whos satisfied with losing and has no aspirations of winning a championship. Tonight's game was awful. The Ducks have been horrendous for the past few years and when they finally have a meaningful game, they completely shit the bed. On one of the goals, a kings player was right in Gibsons face and no one on the Ducks did a damn thing and then seconds later the Kings scored. This lack of effort from the Ducks is why Gibson was likely pissed. Most teams behave like animals if you get near their goalie, earlier this season Copp destroyed Gibson and the Ducks did very little in retribution. The sad truth is, this Ducks team very soft and that can be disheartening for a goalie who usually has to fight off opposing teams players by himself.

2. Who replaces him?
Storlaz has never been a number one. Trading a franchise goalie and replacing him with a guy whos career high in wins is 8 is a questionable decision at best. If Storlaz doesn't work out, that puts pressure on Dostal. The Ducks did it right with Gibson. He wasn't forced to take over, he eventually earned the starting job but there was never a time where the Ducks were desperate for him to start.

3. Quality of the team.
Lindholm is likely gone come summertime and if you trade Gibson this team could easily be a lottery team again next season and probably for the next few seasons after. I don't know how wise it is to have Zegras, Drysdale, Terry and McTavish have 5-6 seasons as the basement dwellers of the league. Eventually dudes want to at least taste a winning season and if they don't, its possible they bolt.

4. Value
How many times do goalies get big hauls back? Luongo, Hasek and Roy were all at one time traded while still being elite and most of them got very little. I can't imagine the Ducks getting anything amazing for Gibson as historically goalie's don't have a whole lot of value on the trade market.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Walked to the bench and said he was done... The first one might have been because they were on a back to back in Canada though and wanted to play both games.

He didn't go to the bench and say he was done, he simply got pulled. If he quit like that, it would be big news.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What off the Devils would it take ?
I’d say would make more sense at draft…. But I assume the devils 1st would be enticing. Obviously devils arnt going to do it if it lands in top 3…. But if it’s 4-10 I could see devils making the move… prob another piece depending on where pick is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad