Value of: John Gibson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Or maybe he heard rumors bout him going to Buffalo in an eichel trade and decided to play up to his normal abilities to avoid that hellhole
I wonder what the deal was that had him sent to Carolina before the canes backed out at the last minute. Everyone wonder why the goalie trade with DET happened, that’s why.
Gibson was probably pissed. Thought he was going to an immediate SC contender.
I’m guessing maybe Jarvis, Bokk,+ 1st or Jarvis+Drury+ 1st
Maybe switch Jarvis and Necas??
It had to be quite a Haul going back to ANA

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wonder what the deal was that had him sent to Carolina before the canes backed out at the last minute. Everyone wonder why the goalie trade with DET happened, that’s why.
See this is why I love Carolina fans… they just throw out good packages from the start, don’t play games or try to convince us some prospect is better than he actually is.

As for those packages, knowing bob Murray he wanted another 1st on top of that and that’s why it fell through…. But those packages any combo would be a win from my perspective.

If Jarvis or necas was ever on the board that would be in ball park

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Thinking the Ducks will just keep him.

Slightly old for the Zegras-Terry-McTavish-Drysdale core, but he is on contract for 5 more seasons at a fair number.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Trading Gibson would create a huge hole in net but at least a trade like this helps fill another hole and makes us younger

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Have any ducks’ media speculated on his m-ntc list? It’s likely Edmonton is on it no?
I feel like gibson only cares about winning... if we did move him, i think the only teams hed prob put on his NTC are shit teams that dont win... like Arizona, Buffalo, Maple leafs, Senators etc.

But i also dont think anaheim has put much thought into moving gibson.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Goalies can play a long time
So long as they don’t suffer a LBI like Schneider did in 2018. He was around 31/32 when his hips gave out on him.

Ducks have just integrated Drysdale and Zegras into their lineup this year. Not sure what their plan is with MacTavish. If they move Gibson is there another goalie close to taking over? You have these kids in elc so you don’t want to be chasing a goalie. End up like Edmonton for the past few years.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So long as they don’t suffer a LBI like Schneider did in 2018. He was around 31/32 when his hips gave out on him.

Ducks have just integrated Drysdale and Zegras into their lineup this year. Not sure what their plan is with MacTavish. If they move Gibson is there another goalie close to taking over? You have these kids in elc so you don’t want to be chasing a goalie. End up like Edmonton for the past few years.
Dostal looks promising, but I wouldn’t say any sure things… struggled a bit this year but I think the gulls team just isn’t that good.

I expect dostal to get a few games this year at some point…. But not ready to take over for gibson yet…. Honestly trading gibson is a scary thought…. We know what he is when he on…. And he’s still in his prime.

we also have a lot of cap space next couple years to sign a goalie if we did move gibson

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
So with Murray gone, does Gibson trade talks heat up or die like Murray's career just did????

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

It really depends on how they rate Dostal.
He’s a solid prospect for sure. But I would get him some games like( 10-15)before I’d trade Gibson

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Dostal looks promising, but I wouldn’t say any sure things… struggled a bit this year but I think the gulls team just isn’t that good.

I expect dostal to get a few games this year at some point…. But not ready to take over for gibson yet…. Honestly trading gibson is a scary thought…. We know what he is when he on…. And he’s still in his prime.

we also have a lot of cap space next couple years to sign a goalie if we did move gibson
Who would be a available in free agency?
Keumper is UFA.
Holtby is ufa.
Korpisalo via trade.
Geoegiev via trade
Varlamnov via trade.
Bobrovsky via trade.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad