Salary Cap: Joey Veleno Elects Arbitration

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
I mean, he doesn't have a lot of leverage but we don't want to disrespect him in negotiations appears to be what's going on. I hope he gets two years, he would be easier to move later if it doesn't work out.
Or SY simply moves him now, unless it was SY that encouraged him to go this route as backup buyout plan B 😏

They will probably come to an agreement
They usually do, neither side wants to lose 😂😂😂 so they play for the tie!

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
They will probably come to an agreement

That was my question. Is this saying that it's definitely going to arbitration?

Or is this the thing where the player files for the possibility of arbitration by a certain date so they have that option if negotiations go south?

In the past players had to file for arbitration by a certain date but they rarely ended up actually going to arbitration.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
The team does not have to go to arbitration to have the buyout window. You only need to have a player elect for arbitration and even if you settle you get the window.

Buyouts Outside of the Regular Period​

Clubs whom have 1 or more arbitration filings may be permitted to perform a buyout outside of the regular window. This gives teams another opportunity to become cap compliant following an arbitration case.

Clubs are permitted to perform a buyout outside the regular period during the 48 hour period beginning on the third day after the final of [CBA 13(c)ii]:
  1. Settlement of the Club's final arbitration case, or
  2. Receipt of the Club's last arbitration award

Requirements:
  1. A buyout can only be performed on a player who was on the clubs reserve list at 3:00pm on the most recent trade deadline
  2. The player must have a cap hit of at least $4,000,000 for the 2023 offseason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad