Proposal: Jimmy Snuggerud and 16OA from STL to move up at draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I wouldn't trade Snugurud. Blues fans routinely ask for a 1st for Buchnevich. It would be hard to get a top 10 pick out of him, but if Buch is available for a 1st, it would make sense to use that pick on a defenseman.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
So, Snuggy and #16 for #7? I'd probably pull the trigger from STL's perspective...but I know there are those in Blues-land who wouldn't. Which probably means it's pretty close value-wise.

Snuggy straight up for #13...and Blues keep #16? Tempting, but i'd probably pass unless one of the top-tier D-men fell.

Almost certainly, yes.

Snuggy & #16 for #9 seems a bit light going to STL; especially if Ottawa and Montreal would move their picks. But if Yakemchuk/Dickinson/Buium/Silayev are still on the board; I'd probably bite.

Exactly who I was thinking of with this proposal. Couldn't see STL getting into the top-4, but 5-8 seemed reasonable.

Another Habs fan on board. I wouldn't hate a move up into the top-5, especially is Silayev falls a bit.

Blues keep #16, and gain a young LHD plus #11? Interesting...
Would need to be an on-the-floor move as the board unfolds.
If we swapped for the 16, I would also consider then packaging the 16&26 with Calgary if possible to get the 9th and grab one of Iginla/Sennecke or Eiserman. Two promising wingers to add to the system.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

I can’t help but actually consider this as a Montreal fan. Snuggerud is the kind of profile we need. And a 16th could allow us to still get a solid prospect or
Package it with the 26th for an established top 6. The Habs turnaround will be fast insuspect
I think I would want more if I am The Habs. 16+Snuggerud isn't enough for me. However getting Snuggerud and then using 16+26 to move up for one of the 2nd tier forwards is an interesting idea.

Thew real question is, is getting Snuggerud and Catton/Iginla/Helenius/Eiserman enough to give up on Demidov or Lindstrom??

I wouldn't. I wouldn't mind Snug, but dropping to #16 kills the deal for me. Dropping to #9 #10 or so would be acceptable.
you drop to 16 and get Snuggerud and then use 16+26 to get back into the top 10-12

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I think I would want more if I am The Habs. 16+Snuggerud isn't enough for me. However getting Snuggerud and then using 16+26 to move up for one of the 2nd tier forwards is an interesting idea.

Thew real question is, is getting Snuggerud and Catton/Iginla/Helenius/Eiserman enough to give up on Demidov or Lindstrom??

you drop to 16 and get Snuggerud and then use 16+26 to get back into the top 10-12
So basically #5 + #26 for Snuggerud + Iginla/Sennecke/someone in that range. I don't hate the idea if Hughes could swing it. We still get a forward we like + Snuggerud instead of whoever we get at #26. If we could squeeze a bit more value from St Louis, I'd be on board for sure.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
So basically #5 + #26 for Snuggerud + Iginla/Sennecke/someone in that range. I don't hate the idea if Hughes could swing it. We still get a forward we like + Snuggerud instead of whoever we get at #26. If we could squeeze a bit more value from St Louis, I'd be on board for sure.
I agree, I would want a bit more for the #5 pick, but the idea of Snuggerud and one of Eiserman/Iginla/Sennecke/Helenius isnt a bad idea.

I think a deal like this would only be when its The Habs turn at the draft and see who is still there. If Demidov or Lindstrom are there then I just use the pick, if they are gone I make the deal.

Reactions: CanadienShark

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021

That’s the crux of the matter. I feel Demidov may be regrettable if we miss him. I’m not concerned about missing out on Lindstrom. Gaining two more power forward types that will step up come playoff time seems great to me. We really lack depth in our forward pool. Once Gally, DVO, Armia and Anderson are gone we will need top notch prospects to move forward with

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

Good luck trying to find a team around 10 that trades it for 16-26 when the clear drop on talent this year is around 15.

Habs dont do the deal unless its a 3 way where rhey ger back into the top 10 to pick Catton Iginla Sennecke

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
This is definitely appealing from Montreal but I think the value is a little low and the drop to 16 too steep.

Find a way to work the Devils at #10 or Sabres at #11 into it so the Habs only fall there and I'm all in (assuming Demidov is gone before 5)

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Good luck trying to find a team around 10 that trades it for 16-26 when the clear drop on talent this year is around 15.

Habs dont do the deal unless its a 3 way where rhey ger back into the top 10 to pick Catton Iginla Sennecke

Most likely that’s not the general consensus of there being a clear drop off.

Also, someone always goes off the board with a pick or two in the first 16 picks if you do believe that.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Most likely that’s not the general consensus of there being a clear drop off.

Also, someone always goes off the board with a pick or two in the first 16 picks if you do believe that.
Doesn't change tha fact that at 16 you'll be left with the change other teams didn't want.

And the only thing Habs get to drop down 11 spots int he draft is a winger that somehow got WORSE in his D+2 year both during his season AND WJC. We can all see the guy was carried by Cooley and can't produce on his own.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Doesn't change tha fact that at 16 you'll be left with the change other teams didn't want.

And the only thing Habs get to drop down 11 spots int he draft is a winger that somehow got WORSE in his D+2 year both during his season AND WJC. We can all see the guy was carried by Cooley and can't produce on his own.

I understand now.

Reactions: The Electrician

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

"Can't produce on his own" he scored the same number of goals in 1 less game in NCAA and scored the same number of Goals in 1 less game in the World Juniors. He's not a playmaker and he was playing with players who had 9 goals. He can't control his teammates shot.

Reactions: STLegend

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
"Can't produce on his own" he scored the same number of goals in 1 less game in NCAA and scored the same number of Goals in 1 less game in the World Juniors. He's not a playmaker and he was playing with players who had 9 goals. He can't control his teammates shot.
Funny cause when I look at the team stats, some of his teammates have produced more than him, yet again...

Lets he real here is isn't lighting up the NCAA either. He aint a sniper like Caufield and fact is, at best his "stock" stayed similar to what it was when he was drafted ie a late 1st rder.

Now, Blues are offering 16 + late 1st rder to climb in the top 10... Where is the value for the other team? Quality > Quantity

If the offer was Neighbours + 16OA I could see the Habs entertaining this as we know we gat an NHLer at least

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Snuggerud production fell off a cliff once Knies left. I would sell high if I was the Blues for sure

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Funny cause when I look at the team stats, some of his teammates have produced more than him, yet again...

Lets he real here is isn't lighting up the NCAA either. He aint a sniper like Caufield and fact is, at best his "stock" stayed similar to what it was when he was drafted ie a late 1st rder.

Now, Blues are offering 16 + late 1st rder to climb in the top 10... Where is the value for the other team? Quality > Quantity

If the offer was Neighbours + 16OA I could see the Habs entertaining this as we know we gat an NHLer at least
Two players scored two more points and only two other players scored more than 15 goals. Only two players on the team had 14g+ and 15a+. Stop acting like the rest of the team lit the world on fire.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Two players scored two more points and only two other players scored more than 15 goals. Only two players on the team had 14g+ and 15a+. Stop acting like the rest of the team lit the world on fire.
Funny... Last I checked MiN was a top team in the NCAA. Fact is your boy has seriously underachiever this year and he is not worth much more than a late 1st.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Snuggerud was notably less effective last year than the year before. I don't think it's controversial to say, considering the two NHLers that he played with left. That still doesn't mean that he can't be an absolutely elite complimentary top 6 player/scorer in the NHL, which I think he has a very good chance of being.

How high that gets you from #16 is completely reliant on the other teams' draft board.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He was playing injured down the stretch, and I don't know how scoring goals at the same rate with less talent is viewed as a bad thing when that's his primary attribute. He's still on a Brock Boeser path. If you think he was more than that, then you overrated him, it's not that he fell off.

I couldn't care less what his assist totals are, that's not his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad