Proposal: Jimmy Snuggerud and 16OA from STL to move up at draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Blues need a top D prospect. I'd love to see them move up enough to grab a Dickinson, Silayev, Levshunov, Buium or Yakemchuk which would probably require a top-8 or top-9 pick. I may be in the minority of Blues fans, but all of the Blues top prospects are forwards. I'd be willing to dangle Jimmy Snuggerud and the Blues 1st pick to move into the top-10.

Would any team with a pick between 4 and 10 be willing to make a move back in exchange for Snuggerud's bomb of a shot and a later pick?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
The Snuggy Bear slander will not be tolerated. If I’m Ottawa, I consider this. Snuggerud would be a perfect fit with Tkachuk & Stutzle

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Blues need a top D prospect. I'd love to see them move up enough to grab a Dickinson, Silayev, Levshunov, Buium or Yakemchuk which would probably require a top-8 or top-9 pick. I may be in the minority of Blues fans, but all of the Blues top prospects are forwards. I'd be willing to dangle Jimmy Snuggerud and the Blues 1st pick to move into the top-10.

Would any team with a pick between 4 and 10 be willing to make a move back in exchange for Snuggerud's bomb of a shot and a later pick?
I would think that whoever owns the #10 pick would be all over that offer. Probably the 7-10, if not lower. Snuggerud is a vg prospect, and would go much higher in a redraft.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

No team will do this.

Guy got worse since his draft year and D+1 year... Not a good sign.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Snuggerud by himself should get around the 10th overall IMO.

I’d be more interested in exploring adding either of our 2nds (48th and 56th overall) to 16 to move up.

16th + Snuggy would be too much just to get to 8th or 9th overall.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland

Wild #13 for Snuggered

Last edited:

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
No he hasn't. From draft year to D+1, his stock went way up. His assist totals went down because he wasn't playing with Cooley or Knies. Not all that different from Boeser's college seasons.
So what you are telling me is that he was carried by 2 better players

You do realize Pitlick was a better player than him last season...

Players drafted in the top10 are somewhat changing your team. They carry it. Jimmy showed he can't do that

Reactions: Rafafouille

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’m sure anaheim would love snugg…. But I feel like we’d need to trade down a bit with a 3rd /4th team

Reactions: Kalv

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Players drafted in the top10 are somewhat changing your team. They carry it. Jimmy showed he can't do that
I'm saying he's a goal scorer and his goal rate was the same despite less talent.

Are you going by just points?

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta

If you think he’s gotten a lot worse we’ll take him off your hands.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

Was he supposed to babysit Moore into scoring more than 9 goals?

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I would do this, not sure about other Flames fans, but I always liked Snuggerud

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Snuggerud by himself should get around the 10th overall IMO.

I’d be more interested in exploring adding either of our 2nds (48th and 56th overall) to 16 to move up.

16th + Snuggy would be too much just to get to 8th or 9th overall.
According to draft value charts you would need both to get into the top 10. Teams don't seem to like that type of trade either with 3 picks for 1. You could get to 12-13 or so with pick 48 obviously depending on how the teams drafting there feel about players available.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
According to draft value charts you would need both to get into the top 10. Teams don't seem to like that type of trade either with 3 picks for 1. You could get to 12-13 or so with pick 48 obviously depending on how the teams drafting there feel about players available.
What draft pick value chart are you using? The one from the Athletic would suggest picks 16 and 48 would be worth about pick 9.

Screen-Shot-2020-05-05-at-4.55.33-PM.png

Of course, each draft and each situation is different. Depends on the level of desperation and who it is trying to talk the other side into the deal.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I think that deal maybe gets you to 9 or 10 value wise, but Calgary has the 9th and they probably want Iginla, so I highly doubt they’d move that far off the pick for Snuggerud.

So you’re probably looking at 10th or 11th, which would probably still work for your stated goal - one or both of Yakemchuk and Parekh could still be on the board. The drop off in talent occurs right around 15-16, so this would be a good move if they could pull it off.

There’s no way that package gets you higher than 9th though (if it wasn’t Calgary with the 9th). Snuggerud has middle-six upside, and there are some concerns.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Would definitely get you to #13 if I had any say, but I know you're aiming higher.

I'd use #45 to move up from #13, just to move back for this, as long as there were no major fallers.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021

I can’t help but actually consider this as a Montreal fan. Snuggerud is the kind of profile we need. And a 16th could allow us to still get a solid prospect or
Package it with the 26th for an established top 6. The Habs turnaround will be fast insuspect

Reactions: Stealth JD

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
What draft pick value chart are you using? The one from the Athletic would suggest picks 16 and 48 would be worth about pick 9.

Screen-Shot-2020-05-05-at-4.55.33-PM.png

Of course, each draft and each situation is different. Depends on the level of desperation and who it is trying to talk the other side into the deal.
It's from soundofhockey.com. the chart you are using from the athletic was created with the intent of the value that has been gained from these draft pick positions over time. It attempts to show what picks theoretically should be worth. The chart I'm using aggregates trades that have historically been made by GMS. What GM's have actually valued the picsks at in the past. Whether they should be valued like that or not, I prefer using a chart based on historical trades. Although I do like Dom's model and I think it shows that picks in the range you are offering (48, 56) are often undervalued by GM's). They are often traded for pretty much anything at the trade deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad