GDT: Jimmy Hayes Plays - New Jersey Devils at New York Rangers 7PM MSG+, MSG2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Zacha just hasn't been good enough. He deserves to get chances, but when he gets them he needs to play well.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
What? This is on the team in front. Cory woildbt be fairing any better

Each goal has had a massive defensive breakdown, so I agree you can’t hang it on him, but it is another 3 goal against game for him. That isn’t acceptable.

It is more of a process criticism on the coaching staff not recognizing Kinkaid’s play up unti this point, and the challenge critical nature of this game

Reactions: glenwo2

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
If there's one silver lining to tonight, it's that people will finally stop the, "Zacha should play over anyone except Hall or Hischier" meme.

I'm really sick of that nonsense.

In a shocking development it turns out professional NHL coaching and scouting staffs > HFBoards keyboard jockeys.

If it were up to you theyd bring elias out of retirement and suit Sergei Brylin up. Just admit you hate any young player

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
What a huge mistake this was by Hynes for playing Kinky. He could've played him against NON-Divisional opponents.....

This is shaping up to be a disastrous weekend.

That's just complaining without having any idea as to why?

So it's Kinkaid's fault he faced a breakaway, was left alone with Fast in the slot, etc?

C'mon now.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
3 mental breakdowns = 3 goals. Pathetic

They've had a lot more than three mental breakdowns, it's just that only three of them went into the net. Heck they had more than one mental breakdown on the first goal and that was the only one you could slag KK on.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I mean...the play picked up a bit compared to the 1st period. But a few mistakes and unlucky bounces this game would be closer

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Absolute trash.

WTF are you teaching your defenders Nasreddine?
He needs to go. No defenseman is improving under his watch.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
He’s a 20 year old kid in a foreign country being demanded he be an adult. That takes time for some kids. In my view he should be in Binghamton growing up without pressure and he can return when or if he is ever ready.

I’d agree with you if he didn’t already have a season plus worth of games under his belt. He has peers on this team that are in similar situations and they’re making him look stupid. He has size, a solid shot , supposedly a nasty side. He uses none of it. I personally don’t think it looks good for him in regards to an nhl career, at least not here in NJ. Our management is saying the minors aren’t an option. It’s sink or swim time and he’s not a good swimmer, it seems.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Telling Zacha to play with snarl while adhering to his defensive responsibilities pose a conundrum.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Our management is saying the minors aren’t an option. It’s sink or swim time and he’s not a good swimmer, it seems.

I just don't get why the hell not...better to do it now than find out you needed to do it later after he has to go through waivers and literally can't be sent down.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If it were up to you theyd bring elias out of retirement and suit Sergei Brylin up. Just admit you hate any young player

Huh?

Nooooooo....... I'm just realistic about talent assessment and player development, as well as not being a total homer.

All of which makes me an outlier in terms of HFBoards.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
No one is playing well tonight. No one. And i don't expect a guy that hasn't played in 3-4 games to do much tonight in such a **** show.

He's gonna be rusty, even more so right now.

Rust is an excuse now? The kid looks just as bad as when he was regularly playing. He needs to go to the AHL.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Or he's playing tentative and scared. Either way he needs to be sent down.
That's exactly what it is to me. Totally shell-shocked.

I don't see another option other than sending him down at this point, but make no mistake, this is completely a situation of Hynes doing.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Zacha has not played great yeah, but no else really has been. He deserves a few games of consistant play to show his worth, if he is benched again after tonight then that is just poor management. After tonight he does look like he should be sent down, but give the kid a few games to give concrete proof that the coaching staff and Shero can give to then send him to the AHL

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
This was the concern I had when they made the henrique/vatanen trade. That they weakened the offense while not even making the defense any better overall.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
Huh?

Nooooooo....... I'm just realistic about talent assessment and player development, as well as not being a total homer.

All of which makes me an outlier in terms of HFBoards.

You are a good judge of talent. The "fetus lovers" just dont have the eye like you do. You must be so happy that Zacha is sucking ass tonight, along with the rest of the team.

Camille the Eel

Zacha just hasn't been good enough. He deserves to get chances, but when he gets them he needs to play well.
He just needs a chance to play steadily in a defined role, knowing that if he doesn't produce right away, he's not going to be benched. He's a big piece of our future potentially; develop the kid.

The Rangers are dangerous off the rush. They have a nice system; criss crossing, they all just seem to fill lanes. They know where to go, as long as three guys fill three lanes. Quite well coached in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad