JFresh: Fans Vote Top Forwards

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
Why can't we have these lists from polling people in the know: GMs, coaches, scouts?

It's like the draft rankings. The only one I take seriously is from Bob McKenzie, because he polls 10 real NHL scouts.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Matthews
Barkov
Crosby

all 3 a bit too high

Tavares is also way way to high

Hes not better than Caufield, Kane, Boldy etc

The fans voting here didnt factor how poor of a fall off he had this year.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
These lists are always brutal
The list overall isn't that bad though.

That being said JT MIller at 24 does stand out but maybe he regresses a bit who knows.

Ovi at 56 is a complete joke as he isn't even a top 100 forward any more.

Sure he will score some goals but at the expense of literally everything else.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Agreed, but when both are factored in he is absolutely not top 3
Why not?

For me the question is who would you want for a throw everyone in the pool one season only redraft and I'd seriously consider taking a center who is the best goalscorer in the league good in the faceoff circle and also very good defensively even with his playoff resume and if you are really going to look at the 7 game sample with him obviously not being 100% over the larger regular season sample feel free.

also since no one has asked where would you rank AM then on this list?

Stamkos seems too high but he still was a PPG guy last year, Ovi at 56 seems to be the most egregious ranking IMO but let's hear more eh?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Matthews
Barkov
Crosby

all 3 a bit too high

Sure maybe but there are also strong arguments where they are ranked too.
Tavares is also way way to high

Not really as he is ranked 66 FFS and if you think Patrick washed up Kane or CC can't really live up to the hype are better make the case.
Hes not better than Caufield, Kane, Boldy etc

The fans voting here didnt factor how poor of a fall off he had this year.
I'd have Boldy higher but christ he is only 2 spots off at 68th nothing to see there.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
1) McDavid
-------------
2) Kucherov
3) MacKinnon
4) Draisaitl
5) Matthews
6) Barkov
------------
7) Pastrnak
8) Crosby
9) M. Tkachuk
10) Eichel
11) Kaprisov
12) Point
13) Rantanen
14) J.T. Miller
15) Nylander
16) Suzuki
17) Zibanejad
18) E. Pettersson
19) Forsberg
20) Reinhart
21) Barzal
22) J. Hughes
23) B. Tkachuk
24) Larkin
25) Aho
Matthews almost scored 30 goals more than Drai

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Why not?

For me the question is who would you want for a throw everyone in the pool one season only redraft and I'd seriously consider taking a center who is the best goalscorer in the league good in the faceoff circle and also very good defensively even with his playoff resume and if you are really going to look at the 7 game sample with him obviously not being 100% over the larger regular season sample feel free.

also since no one has asked where would you rank AM then on this list?

Stamkos seems too high but he still was a PPG guy last year, Ovi at 56 seems to be the most egregious ranking IMO but let's hear more eh?
Too many weak performances in the playoffs, not just over this years sample but over his career. A 70 goal guy should not turn into an under ppg player in the playoffs

I’d rank him 6th right now

Might be more egregious rankings but I am a huge Leafs/Matthews hater so obviously that’s what I comment on

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Too many weak performances in the playoffs, not just over this years sample but over his career. A 70 goal guy should not turn into an under ppg player in the playoffs

I’d rank him 6th right now

Might be more egregious rankings but I am a huge Leafs/Matthews hater so obviously that’s what I comment on
That's a lot of hate for 3 frickin spots man, enjoy your golf game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad