Wow great road win!

Pionk wires it. Sweet redemption.

Our goalie was better. The difference.

And great game by Apples.
EED35B2C-14AD-44AB-821F-C33134F43256.gif

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Seriously. That shot was f******g launched out of a cannon!

Since I think the Blink-182 debacle is over and we're allowed to post songs again:

Not only because of the noble message (when it comes to Jets points: I want more!) but also for the figure of speech that describes that Pionk GWG: like Biblical locusts on a laser beam.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Somebody explain me the logic of putting Lowry out there agaisnt McKinnon in 3 on 3

Despite the win I'm not a fan of playing not to lose in OT.

There was a game against the Paul Maclean coached Sens (I think), where the Jets started Buff, Scheifele, and Wheeler I think it was against what was essentially their 3rd line. It went pretty much exactly as you'd expect. I think the Jets ended it in like 30 seconds.

May have even just been Connor, Scheifele, Wheeler :dunno:

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Tell the truth. You were Pionking at the TV about the OT lineup before we all got Pionk’d.

He's a decent skater, but I don't think much of him defensively unless he's draping himself all over McDavid. Imagine my surprise when he just walks it in and beats the goalie from a wide angle past the dman!

Reactions: AlaskaJet

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Wow great road win!

Pionk wires it. Sweet redemption.

Our goalie was better. The difference.

And great game by Apples.
View attachment 596210

For a complete surprise choice for the top line, I'd say he held his own. If I didn't know any better, I'd say the coach put him there for his strengths, and how they meshed. You know, like good coaches do :). Perhaps this bodes well for the chances of Ville to crack the lineup when we need a D man who can, you know.. pass and shit.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Who else was worried when they put Appleton Lowry and Pionk on the ice to start OT?

Not this guy (points at self) 😎
I was frankly worried, just thinking Arniel was hoping for a line change to put “the best” out against Av’s second line..
But WOW! Lows and Line did us proud..
I happily eat crow on my prediction fail!
😂

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
Late night, come home
Sportsnet sucks, I know
Pionk left me goals by the stairs
Surprises let me know he cares

Just say it ain't so
I will not go
Turn the lights off
Carry me home

Na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na, na, na

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Despite the win I'm not a fan of playing not to lose in OT.

There was a game against the Paul Maclean coached Sens (I think), where the Jets started Buff, Scheifele, and Wheeler I think it was against what was essentially their 3rd line. It went pretty much exactly as you'd expect. I think the Jets ended it in like 30 seconds.

If you think you have a big edge in shootouts, which truly is a different skill set from 3v3, then "playing to not lose 3v3" is mathematically sound. Not that I'd expect a 70-ish year old head coach to be on board with that :P

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Holy shit, before I could even finish bitching about Pionk / Lowry / Appleton to start overtime.. damn.

After my adrenalin dies down, I'll use the opportunity to cite this as evidence of the massive variance in 3v3 OT :P
Yeah I'm still going to bitch about it.

Ha I didn't mean to hit send there but I'll own it.

Reactions: surixon

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Since I think the Blink-182 debacle is over and we're allowed to post songs again:

Not only because of the noble message (when it comes to Jets points: I want more!) but also for the figure of speech that describes that Pionk GWG: like Biblical locusts on a laser beam.

Yes Hives... good good... more...

Further to getting Pionk'd...

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Well, miracles do happen. :nod: Have to admit when I saw the Jets icing Lowry , Pionk, and Appleton in overtime, I thought we were doomed. I do question that call by Scott Arniel, for makinjg that decision, but it turned out to be the "lucky" right call against the Stanley Cup Champs, in their barn. I'll happily take the win all day long.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
That was a fun game and I'm pumped with the win. This team is back to working hard and they are fun to watch again. Very happy with the teams play.

After being broken down we bounced back with a string defensive effort in the third. Biggest issue to me remains breakouts and special teams. Both need to be much better.

Helle did what he needed to do tonight. Not much of a chance on the ones that beat him. He locked things down when they needed to.

Top pairing was up and down tonight. Pionk with some big goals And JoMo with some good activation as well. They got stretched by the Aves top line on extended shifts but that happens to all teams.

Schmidt and Dillion, sound game by this pairing imo. Dillon locked things down in his end and brought that snarl. Schmidt jumped in pretty well and was solid on retrieval.

DeMelo and Snerg: Thought Snerg did what he needed to do, came in and played a sound and heavy defensive game. DeMelo was solid defensively but he has left his hands and puck management back home so far this year.

Top line: Appelton goes from a couple of dud games to a terrific game when elevated. Good secondary offense. I thought Conner and Mark battled hard but didn't cash on the few glorious chances they created. No complaints with Mark's effort both ways this year.

Second line came to play. Dubois was much hungrier and snarly tonight. It helped that line turn pucks over and maintain control which lead to chances. Good night for him. Blake with another solid night and a beauty feed on Cole's goal. Perfetti had a great night, disrupted well, found that soft ice, controlled a couple of shifts and layerd it out physically on a number of occasions. Terrific game and a sign of things to come from him.

Third line. They cycled well and took space away well from the Aves. They did their job well.

Fourth line: Gagner with another big goal, the guy Is such a great add and really provides vet stability to the fourth line. Gus really playing some good hockey. Great faceoffs and he's reading and reacting to the play well causing disruption. New huy worked hard but wasn't super noticeable.

Great win and everyone had a piece of it . Now go beat those gold helmeted turds tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad