GDT: Jets vs Knights - Round 3 Game 2 - May 14th, 7pm - "A long expected Party"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I've made the switch to NBC and I'm not going back. I'll watch coaches corner because at least Grampa Cherry is pro Jets. Embarrassing I have to avoid watching a Canadian broadcaster. If the Jets win the Cup I wonder if Hughson will quietly sob.

I'm in the same boat. I'm finding I'd rather watch the coverage on NBC than on CBC/SN. Which is quite sad (and all of SN's fault, since CBC seems to be relying on SN for coverage).

Usually I watch the NBC feed now while PVRing CBC so I can watch Cherry afterwards to see if he has anything interesting senile to say. :laugh:

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm in the same boat. I'm finding I'd rather watch the coverage on NBC than on CBC/SN. Which is quite sad (and all of SN's fault, since CBC seems to be relying on SN for coverage).

Usually I watch the NBC feed now while PVRing CBC so I can watch Cherry afterwards to see if he has anything interesting senile to say. :laugh:
Cherry makes some off the cuff comments that, if my interpretation is correct, are quite um...let's just go with...offside.

Reactions: GJETson

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Do we know of the 67 points against division botttomnfeeders to be true?

I had heard 20 wins against Vancouver, Arizona, Edmonton and Calgary but have never seen any verification to it.

I don't think they even played those 4 teams that many times despite being in the same division. I count 12 wins against Van/Ari/Edm/Cal

Vegas did beat many high quality teams though. But they were dominant in their own division, had several wins against the California teams as well.

1stDan

Jan 6, 2018
If we execute, we win.
We are better defensively and we are better offensively.
If I'm generous to Vegas I say the goalies are even but I am a homer and think Helle is better.
Does Kuli get in next game at home or do we see him next series.
He sits IMO

until chia lays an egg or there is an injury

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I spewed this idea in a thread, and I don't get a spot in the credits?

I've never gotten a credit spot ever, but I'll be happy if it's one of the games in the finals or if it's Monty Python and the Holy Grail GDT.

Otherwise, brilliant, the Hellebuyck one made me laugh.

Sorry buddy.
My bad.
LOTR has been on my list all year so your encouragement was noted but it was coming all along. I actually went back to find the post of who had said that but couldn't find it right away and I had already put in way too many hours on this ;)

Reactions: DudeWhereIsMakar

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
Here's an interesting stat which I read on another board somewhere. (Not being intentionally vague, just that a big dumb herbivore has trouble telling one board from another.)

The Las Vegas Golden Knights scored 109 points during the regular season. And 67 of those points were against teams that finished 20th, 23rd, 26th, and 29th during the regular season.

It proves that old woodland adage among the antlered crowd: It's not how powerful you are, it's who you battle against that matters.

This is impossible. The most you can play one team is 5 times. Which means 10 points per team max. If you win every game against 4 teams, then the best you can do is 40 points.

Reactions: Calendal

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
You know what I find interesting? The Jets are something like, I dunno, 20 wins 8 losses in the last 28 games? No one really talks about how hot we ended the regular season on HNIC/TSN/Sportsnet. This isn't just a deep and talented team, we're also possibly catching lightning in a bottle too. It amazes me the general "meh" attitude from Canadian "experts" like Hrudey and company.

Don Cherry pretends to be supporting the Jets with his stuffed animal and claiming he's a homer. Yet EVERY word out of his mouth is a put down and what we should do better. Up 3 - 0 no problem, Cherry has a complaint... never heard some talk about how lucky we are all year. The panel isn't any better.

Turn it over to TSN and they are over the top pro-Jets.
To the point it's like they work for the team.
What happened to balanced reporting with a small side of Canadian favoritism ;)

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
32440526_1725984374129394_7167472673746845696_n.jpg

For those Monty Python fans...

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Don Cherry pretends to be supporting the Jets with his stuffed animal and claiming he's a homer. Yet EVERY word out of his mouth is a put down and what we should do better. Up 3 - 0 no problem, Cherry has a complaint... never heard some talk about how lucky we are all year. The panel isn't any better.

Turn it over to TSN and they are over the top pro-Jets.
To the point it's like they work for the team.
What happened to balanced reporting with a small side of Canadian favoritism ;)

To the bolded: hmmm, perhaps TSN is trying to "play-up" for a future contract with TNSE? IIRC the regional rights for Jets broadcasts on TSN expires in 2020. :naughty:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
After Game 1 I was really surprised how much room Vegas gave us as compared to the Preds.

I wonder what if any adjustments they'll attempt to neutralize our attack.

Reactions: Huffer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad