GDT: Jets vs Knights - Round 3 Game 2 - May 14th, 7pm - "A long expected Party"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Great GDT, as usual, although in I'm not a fan of LOTR.

Here is the definitive summary of LOTR, courtesy of Clerks 2 (contains swearing):

Interesting story: Kevin Smith (from Clerks) tried to buy a pair of Jet's season tickets as he was concerned we wouldn't sell enough to bring the team back (and he's a supporter of getting more teams in Canada). His wife thought he was crazy as he had never even been to Winnipeg. He and his agent both tried to get through, but as we know it sold out in minutes.

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
Another great GDT by Z5
Lots of caution around the golf club this morning......Vegas is better than they are being credited.
GO JETS GO
SCORE JETS SCORE
WIN JETS WIN
PP and PK tonight's key

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
I've only seen this twice before when I started following the Habs in 2006. The Habs usually make the playoffs for most of those years and had only reached the third round twice! The first was against the Flyers in 2010 and they lost the series 4-1, again in 2014 I think against the Rangers and lost that 4-2.

Reactions: 204hockey
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I've made the switch to NBC and I'm not going back. I'll watch coaches corner because at least Grampa Cherry is pro Jets. Embarrassing I have to avoid watching a Canadian broadcaster. If the Jets win the Cup I wonder if Hughson will quietly sob.

Sometime's you gotta wonder about the commentators.

First period Little gets hooked by Tuch. Winnipeg has possession & the refs arm goes up & a Vegas player soon after touches the puck just past the blue line.

I believe the play-by-play man says "Looks like Winnipeg's drawn a penalty":huh:

and goes on to talk of the Vegas power play until he literally sees Alex Tuch being led to the box.

Is he really that out to lunch he doesn't get that when play is whistled down it's due to the penalized team having gained possession?

Was this Jim Hughson? Has he forgotten the most elementary rules of the game?

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
After Game 1 I was really surprised how much room Vegas gave us as compared to the Preds.

I wonder what if any adjustments they'll attempt to neutralize our attack.
I was listening to some analysis from a Vegas radio guy and he said that Vegas is good at what they do, but they only do that one thing. They don't have another game plan. Where Nashville could change things up on us, Vegas can only play their one system harder.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

First period Little gets hooked by Tuch. Winnipeg has possession & the refs arm goes up & a Vegas player soon after touches the puck just past the blue line.

I believe the play-by-play man says "Looks like Winnipeg's drawn a penalty":huh:

and goes on to talk of the Vegas power play until he literally sees Alex Tuch being led to the box.

Is he really that out to lunch he doesn't get that when play is whistled down it's due to the penalized team having gained possession?

Yes, had me confused and doubting myself :)

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
That Copp Lowry Armia line is such a 2 way nightmare for opponents. Copp is smart with the puck, Lowry is physically imposing, and Armia has a good stick. It's probably the best 4th line in the NHL.

Reactions: GNP

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
hockeytime.jpg

Is it time yet? This day won't end!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pongs21

burnoutberry

May 2, 2016
True North
I've only seen this twice before when I started following the Habs in 2006. The Habs usually make the playoffs for most of those years and had only reached the third round twice! The first was against the Flyers in 2010 and they lost the series 4-1, again in 2014 I think against the Rangers and lost that 4-2.

I was cheering for the Habs that year! They would've gone to the finals if Chris Kreider hadn't run Price and taken him out of the playoffs. I doubt that they could've beaten L.A. if they had gotten that far though.

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Don Cherry pretends to be supporting the Jets with his stuffed animal and claiming he's a homer. Yet EVERY word out of his mouth is a put down and what we should do better. Up 3 - 0 no problem, Cherry has a complaint... never heard some talk about how lucky we are all year. The panel isn't any better.

Turn it over to TSN and they are over the top pro-Jets.
To the point it's like they work for the team.
What happened to balanced reporting with a small side of Canadian favoritism ;)
It's true, guys like Craig Button are almost embarrassingly pro-Jets. I'd rather hear that though, if I'm being honest.

burnoutberry

May 2, 2016
True North

Coming from Romanuk and Galley, I thought that I was going to like Hughson and Simpson a whole lot more than I have. I was expecting that since Toronto is out that Winnipeg would receive the hometown style coverage that Toronto seems to benefit from at all times. I have now come to terms with the truth that most broadcasters, journalists, and media personalities that are based in Toronto are likely bitter that Winnipeg is as good as they are and that we have the best shot at ending the Canadian cup drought. It'll be nice to get back to TSN after this cup run is finished.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It's true, guys like Craig Button are almost embarrassingly pro-Jets. I'd rather hear that though, if I'm being honest.

I personally like Craig Button a lot--he tells it like it is, and he's very smart. I remember last year he was saying Maurice was at fault for not cracking down on stupid penalties, and he was totally right-- I think that comment was heard by Maurice and it had some benefit--as the Jet's took fewer penalties after that. He was very direct and blunt about it--the way you have to be. If my memory serves me correctly--I believe I heard Maurice shortly after that commenting on the Jet's lack of discipline-"and took action."

He also doesn't try to make rosy excuses when a team is screwing up-- he just tells it like it is, and has a good Hockey mind. I guess he must be just on TSN as I haven't seen him on Sports Net -- but I think he's great-- "one of my faves".

Really and truly--give me Craig Button over Don Cherry "any day."Like to see him take over Cherry's job-at least he'll wear decent looking suits. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Stumbledore

YoyiBear

Mar 12, 2018
Don Cherry pretends to be supporting the Jets with his stuffed animal and claiming he's a homer. Yet EVERY word out of his mouth is a put down and what we should do better. Up 3 - 0 no problem, Cherry has a complaint... never heard some talk about how lucky we are all year. The panel isn't any better.

Turn it over to TSN and they are over the top pro-Jets.
To the point it's like they work for the team.
What happened to balanced reporting with a small side of Canadian favoritism ;)
Don Cherry, sipowitz brother from another mother?:sarcasm:

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Lets give the Knights credit on a good season they really over achieved, nobody gave them a free pass to the WCF , I'm trying to temper my over confidence against them but a win tonight and taking 1 in Vegas and that goes out the window GJG.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Just surprised SN didn't cut away from the Jets/Knights broadcast to talk about the hiring of the new Leafs GM or the firing of the Raptors coach!

Reactions: broinwhyteridge

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Lets give the Knights credit on a good season they really over achieved, nobody gave them a free pass to the WCF , I'm trying to temper my over confidence against them but a win tonight and taking 1 in Vegas and that goes out the window GJG.
I agree let's give the Knights a pat on their back for what they have done and send them on their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad