Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Capitals Feb 19 6:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus250

Jan 27, 2014
I like the cut of your jib.
Not sure why I'm saying this on your least impressive post, but you're a great addition to the board.

I don't deserve any praise, Aavco actually drove to the IcePlex to scout out the practice, I'm just copying someone else's legwork while getting paid to be at the office. Actually when I say it out loud, that is pretty impressive (though I should stop reading my posts out loud if I want to keep my job).

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
It seems like lots of you folks happen to be in attendance for these away games. Are these coincidences of business trips and the like or are people following the team across the continent?

I was only out of the Province for only one of the games I had season tickets for this season. Despite us being over 50/50, the Jets have lost 6 of the other 7 games that I have had tickets for this year. They seem to lose far more of my games than their record would predict but if me or anyone else in our ticket share buys tickets outside our season tickets they win every time (7 for 7 I think?).

Here's the worst part though. That game I was out of Province for? I was in Florida. We played Florida. And won 8-2. Had to give that ticket away, if only that was the Florida matchup on the road instead I could have gone to both :cry:
You have a worse winning record than Pav--maybe you shouldn't be so hard on him! ;)
And good thing you were out of town for the big Florida win...they might have lost that one too... Perreault might not have scored 4...Kane might not have been so envious, which might have prevented his walking out....you may have changed Jets history, Markus! :sarcasm:
To answer your question-I'm on vacation with family this week, but planning a short jaunt to Florida in March, to take in 2 games in 4 days, with old high school friends. I am sure many others do the same.
Family<-->Jets....an eternal dilemma and precarious balance :)

RonJon

May 18, 2011
You have a worse winning record than Pav--maybe you shouldn't be so hard on him! ;)
And good thing you were out of town for the big Florida win...they might have lost that one too... Perreault might not have scored 4...Kane might not have been so envious, which might have prevented his walking out....you may have changed Jets history, Markus! :sarcasm:
To answer your question-I'm on vacation with family this week, but planning a short jaunt to Florida in March, to take in 2 games in 4 days, with old high school friends. I am sure many others do the same.

Will be at the Sunrise game before jumping on a boat for a cruise.

Markus250

Jan 27, 2014

If I'm truly Jets kryptonite, watch out for our upcoming home games against the Stars next week, Sharks on St. Paddy's and Canucks on Apr. 4th. I'm also going to see them play the Wild in Minni on the 6th and the Wild have never lost a game in Minni that I've been to.

To be fair, that was only one game and it was against the Oilers and I'll be attending under drastically different conditions. It was also the Wild's final home game of the season and I also bought it before the season began but as it would be my first NHL game I wanted to get good tickets. That early in the season, all the lower level tickets cost the same price so I was able to get front row tickets to the left of the penalty box. We were on a shopping trip with another couple so only the guys went to the game in a taxi and the females kept the vehicle to do more shopping. When I got there, I found out the Wild have a special lounge for the front row seat holders that has pool tables, free beer and free snacks. I don't really remember much past the first period and I broke my camera somehow, it was a great night. This time around, I was walking into a meeting that started at the same time as presale so I just clicked best available and the purchase button on my phone. This post is verbose enoughe so I'll save the rant about ticketmaster "best available" being a scam for another day but we aren't anywhere near the front row, not even in the lower section. I'm also going to the game with a pregnant wife, a 3 year old and a 1 year old, funny what can happen in four years. I won't be able to drink as much this time so hopefully the game is worth remembering :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad