Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Capitals Feb 19 6:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnynucleo

SleepyBeepy
Aug 29, 2011
@garylawless: suspicion from sources in St. John's is that Carl Klingberg has been recalled by #nhljets.Stafford or Perreault would have to go on IR

@garylawless: sounds like Joel Armia has an injury of some sort and not available to #nhljets

My guess is MP85 goes in IR, and Stafford is just day to day. Buff and Klingberg as Forwards to replace them. Pardy (ugh) draws back in on D. Harrison, Postma, and Stafford as scratches.

seasontixholder*

My guess is MP85 goes in IR, and Stafford is just day to day. Buff and Klingberg as Forwards to replace them. Pardy (ugh) draws back in on D. Harrison, Postma, and Stafford as scratches.

No disrespect to you but every time I look at your avatar I throw up a little in my mouth. :laugh:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@garylawless: Confirmed - Carl Klingberg recalled by #nhljets and Joel Armia held out of practice for maintenance. So expect MP or Stafford to go on IR

Jml78

Dec 14, 2013
YYZ
Nice to see Klingberg finally get a chance. Hopefully he makes the most of it and plays with Lowry instead of Slater.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I feel poopy about this game. Hate to be negative but with the utter collapse of our pk, our fascination with taking a heap of penalties, and Hutch doing his best non shootout Pav impression, could be a long night.

Also, I'll be there!:D

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
This is still my favourite Jets 2.0 moment. If I recall we were down 3-1 going into the third, and we tied it up with Stapler scoring in OT. I still watch the play on youtube on occasion....it's amazing. The whole crowd goes silent when he scores, and you can audibly here Stapleton's "Whoooo!". I'd embed the youtube clip if I knew how.

What made it even more exciting is we were still in a race with the Caps at that point for a playoff spot so to come back down 3-1 and win in OT was that much better.

This video? I love his "woooooo!" scream. :laugh:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I'm all for seeing Klingberg but I wish Armia wasn't injured - now we might not see him this year :shakehead

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Dang. Was really hoping to see Armia.

Glad to see Klingberg though. Was surprised to see he couldn't make our fourth line though as he seems to play the style of game Maurice likes. Hopefully he can use this call up to make an impression to keep him up.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Armia and Klingberg both called up. Perrault and Stafford both out long term. Buff staying on D.

Naaaaaaahhhhhhhhh....

I have my usual level of apprehension and bad feelings about this game. I hate the Caps and want to beat them badly, but they really seem to be another of the teams that "has our number." I don't know what's going to happen in this game. I have almost no confidence left in our playoff potential though... :(

Yep, some hardships but nowhere near ready to push the panic button yet.

Things looked as bleak as could be when our top 4 D went down and looked how we came out of that. Lots of resilience in this group.

As long as one of our big 3-4 forwards doesn't go down for several games, we're in lot better shape than all those teams still trying to catch us.

Need to use those bodies we call up from the AHL like we really need them (hate this business of calling them up to sit on the bench for a couple games). Need to find out who is the next Chiarot hiding in that group.

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
Is Klingberg not a ufa after this season? Maybe Chevy is giving him some playing time so he can include him in a trade for a forward? Or maybe he's finally getting his chance...

Markus250

Jan 27, 2014
Small possibility I'll be there too. Most likely in a sports bar in Bethesda.

Speaking of which - what is a good sports bar in Bethesda?

It seems like lots of you folks happen to be in attendance for these away games. Are these coincidences of business trips and the like or are people following the team across the continent?

I was only out of the Province for only one of the games I had season tickets for this season. Despite us being over 50/50, the Jets have lost 6 of the other 7 games that I have had tickets for this year. They seem to lose far more of my games than their record would predict but if me or anyone else in our ticket share buys tickets outside our season tickets they win every time (7 for 7 I think?).

Here's the worst part though. That game I was out of Province for? I was in Florida. We played Florida. And won 8-2. Had to give that ticket away, if only that was the Florida matchup on the road instead I could have gone to both :cry:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Nice to see Klingberg finally get a chance. Hopefully he makes the most of it and plays with Lowry instead of Slater.

I would guess Klingberg realizes this chance is pretty important for him, with his younger brother now in the NHL, a guy like Chariot PROVING after a call up that he is now an NHL'er for good and with Kling now approaching 25 time is running out....hope he makes the best of it!

PegCityPuck

Mar 8, 2012

It looks like Perreault is on IR, if he was wearing a boot he broke something?

Harrison has been on IR but is now day to day...Pardy has been the goto Dman but its possible that if Harrison is good to go he puts on the game Jersey...Pardy is more likely if Harrison needs some conditioning.

Markus250

Jan 27, 2014
Free Press twitter says that Perreault signing autographs, no boot on his foot but walking gingerly. Buff isn't wearing the red defensive jersey and Klingberg is not present (likely meeting the team in Washington).

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Buff playing F with 55 & 67

Postma also as a forward today

No 85 or 12

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Free Press twitter says that Perreault signing autographs, no boot on his foot but walking gingerly. Buff isn't wearing the red defensive jersey and Klingberg is not present (likely meeting the team in Washington).

I like the cut of your jib.
Not sure why I'm saying this on your least impressive post, but you're a great addition to the board.

PegCityPuck

Mar 8, 2012
I'm at the iceplex on an iphone. No time

Get Trouba to sign something.

With Perreault on IR does this make another trade more likely....I know Chevy is conservative but I hope he doesn't do anything rash before the deadline.

I can't think of a trade....maybe something involving the pick we got from Buffalo and Harrison? I know we have extra dmen but I would not go all in on Buff as a Dman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad