OT: Jets Lounge: Winds of Winter (no Star Wars spoilers!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Don't see this posted anywhere.

https://www.nhl.com/news/blackhawks-jonathan-toews-makes-1-million-donation/c-284475878

Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews has donated $1 million to the Winnipeg-based Dakota Community Centre's Dakota Futures Capital Campaign and will serve as the campaign's honorary chair.

Good gesture. The Toews family has deep ties to the Dakota CC. I believe one of his parents sat on the board for the CC for quite a while while the Toews boys were young. I played with Jonathan wearing a Dakota Lazers jersey so I'm glad to see this.:yo:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I purchase my produce at Vic's and swear by it....family owned and operated and they run a great store. I am a huge mark for great produce, it costs me more but I waist less. I buy my meat at Marcelo's who runs a family butcher shop that is excellent. I buy my groceries at extra Foods close to my house or Sobey's. I have no problem shopping at SuperStore But it's a hike from my place so I rarely go.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I purchase my produce at Vic's and swear by it....family owned and operated and they run a great store. I am a huge mark for great produce, it costs me more but I waist less. I buy my meat at Marcelo's who runs a family butcher shop that is excellent. I buy my groceries at extra Foods close to my house or Sobey's. I have no problem shopping at SuperStore But it's a hike from my place so I rarely go.

Hmm, that's near my neck of the woods. I'll have to try them. As for produce, that's just something occupying space that could be better filled with meat. :laugh:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hmm, that's near my neck of the woods. I'll have to try them. As for produce, that's just something occupying space that could be better filled with meat. :laugh:

I hear you if I didn't have kids and a wife who is a health and fitness nut I would be buying way less produce :laugh:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am looking for a Patrik Laine Poster or wall decal for my 8 Year old son for Christmas do you folks have any idea where one might obtain such a thing? The Jets store at St Vital said they don't sell posters?

Update: Looks like Joe Daley's has Laine posters.....glad I can give him the business since he was amazing with my son when I took him in looking for a Carey Price hockey card.

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I am looking for a Patrik Laine Poster or wall decal for my 8 Year old son for Christmas do you folks have any idea where one might obtain such a thing? The Jets store at St Vital said they don't sell posters?

Update: Looks like Joe Daley's has Laine posters.....glad I can give him the business since he was amazing with my son when I took him in looking for a Carey Price hockey card.

Nice - I checked Fathead for you and they only had Wheeler and Kane player decals (you can get quite the deal on that Kane one, btw... :laugh:).

I looked on allposters.ca and saw there's an Auston Matthews 4 Goal Night poster, but no Laine. http://www.allposters.ca/-sp/NHL-To...Matthews-History-Maker-posters_i14748325_.htm ...Maybe he wants to be a Leafs fan? :sarcasm:

There are actually a couple of cool things at Fathead - the Wheeler decal is cool. I'd like that on my office wall! https://www.fathead.com/nhl/winnipeg-jets/

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Just want to thank everyone for the great Winnipeg information provided in this thread! Got a burger at Daly Burgers, pretty good stuff. Not sure why they don't call it a fatboy. Got to walk around a bit around the Forks. Not the best weather for sight seeing though. Now waiting for the doors to open at MTS. If any of you Winnipeggers are ever headed to NYC and need some recommendations or an seat at MSG for a NYR game, PM here. Thanks!

- JR from NYC.

Last edited:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Just want to thank everyone for the great Winnipeg information provided in this thread! Got a burger at Daly Burgers, pretty good stuff. Not sure why they don't call it a fatboy. Got to walk around a bit around the Forks. Not the best weather for sight seeing though. Now waiting for the doors to open at MTS. If any of you Winnipeggers are ever headed to NYC and need some recommendations or an seat at MSG for a NYR game, PM here. Thanks!

- JR from NYC.

Enjoy the Rangers loss tonight! ;)

Glad to hear you got to experience a taste of Winnipeg winter, and hope you enjoy the rest of your stay.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Just a reminder (it's in the header on each sub-forum as well):

Sunday Downtime - All Evolve Media Sites are being migrated to a new data center Sunday Dec 11, 2016. The migration will occur during an 8 AM to 2 PM (Pacific Time) maintenance window. We will have up to 1 hour of downtime for any of our sites.

That's 10am to 4pm CT.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

- JR from NYC.

Glad you had a good time. Sorry about the weather but on the plus side that's what the knock on Winnipeg in winter is. Not quite as cold but a good, accurate experience for you. Hope you enjoyed the ugly game and at least someone went home happy.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Hey guys, let's see what:

1. book you're reading

2. album you're listening to

3. game you're playing

1. Between Two Fires by Christopher Buehlman - a real page turner so far (I'm about halfway through). It's set in France during the plague (1300s), and is a bit of a dialogue on people's perspective about God and the Devil (the idea that God essentially left the people of the world to fend for themselves against the Black Death). Very interesting.

2. If I Was by The Staves - I've been on a major Bon Iver kick lately, and The Staves were a part of his backing band recently. 3 Watford sisters with incredible harmonies.

3. The Last Guardian - finally! Been waiting for this for how long? Just like Shadow of the Colossus, the controls and camera take a bit of getting used to, but the world is amazing, and Trico becomes a good pal very quickly.

What about you?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Nice - I checked Fathead for you and they only had Wheeler and Kane player decals (you can get quite the deal on that Kane one, btw... :laugh:).

I looked on allposters.ca and saw there's an Auston Matthews 4 Goal Night poster, but no Laine. http://www.allposters.ca/-sp/NHL-To...Matthews-History-Maker-posters_i14748325_.htm ...Maybe he wants to be a Leafs fan? :sarcasm:

There are actually a couple of cool things at Fathead - the Wheeler decal is cool. I'd like that on my office wall! https://www.fathead.com/nhl/winnipeg-jets/

Thanks for this Gm0ney!,

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Book: mate i just finished uni, can't bring myself to read a thing
Album: We Got It From Here... Thank You 4 Your Service by A Tribe Called Quest. Great rap album. I've also warmed up to the latest Bon Iver offering, took me a couple spins though.
Game: Forza Horizon 3, Pokemon Moon.

I'm this close to booking a week in Rarotonga, Cook Is. $450 return :D

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Book: I'm a pleb, i don't read.
Album: Nothing specific, i listen to the same old songs all the time. Born in 92 but stuck in the 60's-80's.
Game: I wanna play something but there's nothing to play at the moment. I have played through everything i want to. I'm a nerd :(

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Played through everything?! What were some of the recent games?

Well, okay, everything that interests me. I'm starting to be done with Battlefield 1, got Civ VI but didn't really get into it (I will, one day), tried Titanfall 2 but it's the same as the first one so that's a bit bleh... Waiting for Dishonored 2 to be a bit cheaper. Used to play lots of Rainbow Six: Siege but that's starting to finally get boring too.

Finding it really hard to play through single-player games these days. So uuh, not playing anything and dunno when the next interesting game comes out :)

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Book: The Gene: An Intimiate History. Same author as Emperor of All Maladies which is definitely worth a read.
Album: Hozier
Game: Been years since I played a video game. Though I refuse to accept that I am not the best Madden player of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad