OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Well I feel bad that we don’t have enough time to see a whole bunch, but we are staying near “The Forks”. Is that worth walking through? Or walking up along the Red River?

Admittedly, we’ll probably spend most of our time up near the arena. My wife is excited by a Santa parade happening down Portage Ave just after the game on Saturday..

Teghan's top 5 things to do in Winnipeg this weekend

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Left for Ikea at 5pm. Between picking gf's parents vehicle (wouldn't fit in my car), getting new bed from ikea on other side of the city, dropping vehicle back off, getting a bite for supper, and trying to put together the bed from the poorly defined instructions the bed is still not finished at 1am. We have no where else to sleep. Sigh, back to work I guess but it still shocks me that the gf doesn't understand why I hate Ikea.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
My one and only Ikea experience so far was in Winnipeg. Labyrinth of altered reality.

Also I had no idea Blake Wheeler moonlighted as a bogan Beyonce.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Just finished the basic parts of the bed. Not the drawers or the massive wall screwed in headboard. I remember when I'd just be coming home from bar not too long ago at 240am on a Friday, now I'm putting together IKEA crap. Getting older sucks ;)

Reactions: LadyJet26

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I find comfort in knowing all of my fellow Jets fans will all be cheering for the Riders today! GO RIDERS!

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I find comfort in knowing all of my fellow Jets fans will all be cheering for the Riders today! GO RIDERS!

fetch

Ger Rerders!

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
@Colin226, did you enjoy your short stay here? What did you get to do? Hope you had some fun.

Thanks for asking! Well, you obviously know how the game went... that was the only blemish on the trip. Friday night, once we got settled into our AirBnB we set out for The Forks. We just walked around a bit and actually stumbled across the set of a future Hallmark Channel christmas movie. My wife loves those so she was excited to see that. We then walked up to the mall by the arena and chatted with the people at the sports apparel store. Bought some Devils and Flyers beer mugs, and then walked up to The Yellow Dog for a beer. Then hit The Pint for more beers and ran into some of the Devils media folks, which was fun. For dinner we got burgers at VJ’s and they were fantastic!

Saturday we just went to the game since we slept in. Your arena is very impressive! I’m not sure how it looked before the renovations but it’s easily one of the nicer buildings we’ve been to. Had some fun conversations with fans. Everyone was very friendly. After the game we watched the parade for a bit, which was nice. And then I met up with a diehard Devils fan from Manitoba at The Pint. That pretty much ended our night as we had a 7am flight out this morning.

We definitely enjoyed ourselves! The city and the people were great, and we liked that we could walk everywhere. It was really cold though everyone was telling us it gets colder, so we can’t believe you guys can put up with it haha.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
For a team not expected to do much they did alright. Just bad defensive coverage on that last drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad