OT: Jets Lounge: Now buying Kaopectate in bulk.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just when I thought life was getting better. My hip has been hurting like hell since late August. Been home from work because I cannot be on narcs while working. Just stopped them a few days ago and physio is going good. Strengthening my right leg and stretching out my left (pain is on the left).

Today I went to get up, used my right leg, and kapow knee blows out. Big time pain on both sides, mostly inside. Now I can't put weight on it or straighten it. Can't do physio either. At least I'm still on Diclofenac for my hip which should help with my knee.

That really sucks allan5oh, hang in there.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Just when I thought life was getting better. My hip has been hurting like hell since late August. Been home from work because I cannot be on narcs while working. Just stopped them a few days ago and physio is going good. Strengthening my right leg and stretching out my left (pain is on the left).

Today I went to get up, used my right leg, and kapow knee blows out. Big time pain on both sides, mostly inside. Now I can't put weight on it or straighten it. Can't do physio either. At least I'm still on Diclofenac for my hip which should help with my knee.

Dude that sucks!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
To our friends in Paris tonight we are thinking about you. At times I lack the capacity to comprehend.

Derfel*

Horrible news out of Paris, yes. But best to think of these sorts of things like "natural disasters" - they will strike and kill indiscriminately, and making sense of them is hard to do.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Floored by this sad news. Why are terrorists targeting Paris? Is it because of the COP 21 meetings being held there later this month? Is Friday the 13th significant to them? What is the motive?

France bombed ISIS oil producing infrastructure a few days ago. Not saying that's it but...

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Just found this sweet pic

ln6nrMl.jpg

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Interesting morning:

Guess I forgot how to drive with snow :facepalm: was coming down our gravel road to the highway. Nothing seemed icy. Was going probably 70 km and started slowing down... But just kept on sliding. On my right was a car coming that I didn't think I could beat if I tried to go straight across the road. So my last option was the ditch... Which had a big culvert hole in it. Didn't roll but did some nice damage to the back end of my truck. Still drivable but will not be cheap to fix.

Am a little shaken up with the thought of not being able to stop and maybe being t boned at 100 kmph though.

Can't imagine having to deal with that every winter. Hope all is good. Had a chance to drive on some icy roads two years ago with a two-wheel drive Ranger. No weight in the back. Man the sensitivity. :laugh: Stopped on a slight(like 10 degrees or something real slight :laugh: ) sideways incline and the backend went a little to the side. Learned that I just have to let off the brake for it to roll and locking up my tires does more harm then good. Eventually made it home going up the hill in my neighborhood sideways and spinning the tires. Made it though. Was fun for me since I made it home before it became almost impossible.

Dam man. Keep your head up. Things will work out in the end. Everything happens for a reason. Ok, maybe not EVERY little thing. :laugh: But when **** hits the fan, I feel that's the best way to go.

Don't know what to say about Paris. Words can't describe something like that. I don't think looking at it as a "natural disaster" really does it justice. But if that's how some people can deal with it, then that's fine. We all handle things like that in our own way and it's understandable if people have to go a little off track to manage. Something like this is.... hard to say the least. Why it happens, we'll never truly understand. Just that we know it does and will. But why life should end because of "beliefs"... it's just not right. I don't know man... I might speak more on it later but I'm a little speechless right now....

Derfel*

I don't think looking at it as a "natural disaster" really does it justice. But if that's how some people can deal with it, then that's fine.

You may have misinterpreted that comment of mine - I meant it more of in terms of "personal security" and "feeling safe". Sort of like school shootings - you try your best to prevent them and foresee them, you prepare yourself if they were to ever happen, but sometimes lightning just strikes one place and not another.

Politics goes elsewhere, so I'll stop there.

Good evening, everyone. Remember people are inherently good, somehow.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Well it doesn't seem as bad as it was last night, but there's definitely still concern. No swelling so that usually rules out an ACL or MCL or something like that. But it's still funny.

Try high quality Tumeric. Apparently good for joint pain and inflammation.
I have not yet tried it, but I will be soon. My father swears by it and he is a massive skeptic...so I figure it would be worth a shot.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
i'm 10 km from the France border today. no idea how things will play out here. apparently, security's been increased in Belgium. we'll see. we're in the middle of nowhere, but close enough to the border that maybe it will trickle down to us.

i was in Passchendale yesterday to visit the memorial. the irony.

i was in Brussels 2 days ago. i won't lie and say that i didn't feel 100% safe there due to the shootings at the Jewish community centre a few years ago.

possibly with zero correlation (but i doubt it), i noticed how slow and pragmatic security was in both Toronto and in Dublin on November 10/11. it took almost 10 minutes for them to scan my bags at security. felt that it was a lot slower than usual.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
#notscience

https://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/turmeric

There are other references to the anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin...so someone has done some #Science

But we can wait for the peer review journal, or take my father's first had experience with the stuff. He had is leg pulled out of socket and behind him with his foot by his head in a bad motorcycle accident when he was young and had nagging hip problems his whole life, is 69 years old and says his hip bugs him much less when he takes Tumeric.

If all else fails, he can make up some truly wicked home made curry spice...that HAS to be win no matter what.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Just so all clear we have some rules here. Providing support and thoughts towards the people of France and by extension Paris are alright obviously (of which my thoughts and hopes are thinking and supporting the french people). But in this particular forum we are not talking about the political motives of the attacks. That has it's own section on the political forums of these boards.

Let's try to avoid political issues on this forum please. Thank you.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Crazy man. Just crazy. Thoughts with everyone in Paris.

In other news it's 2am and I'm meant to be going hiking today. Whoops. Damn this game.

Derfel*

I decided to check Facebook after not logging in for months - bad idea.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Try high quality Tumeric. Apparently good for joint pain and inflammation.
I have not yet tried it, but I will be soon. My father swears by it and he is a massive skeptic...so I figure it would be worth a shot.

Turmeric is a very good natural med for joint inflammation. Nothing wrong with giving it a try.

As for Scheif's face? It's hilarious but lots of players do that when they take their mouthguard out or play with it as a habit.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
If anyone is looking forward to Buffalo's visit to Winnipeg, might want to get one of these :)

UofAeTM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad