GDT: Jets @ Leafs 7PM CBC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

member 147413

I blame the refs for the majority of retaliation in the NHL. If I’m allowed to cross check you in the back or neck all game long, human nature to do something stupid will follow. If I get a penalty every time, I’ll probablt stop. That’s why so many enforcers were needed in the past.
Yup, this game will escalate until they decide to call someone for the post whistle stuff. At which point it’ll be too late because they set a shitty inconsistent precedent.

I wanna watch hockey, not refs and linesmen choosing when to tilt the ice.

Reactions: ElbowLander

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
People forget that Laine is still just 20 years old and learning......he is a wonderful talent...

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
We need toughness. Nobody should be able to touch Tavares like that. 4th Line should be manned by goons who play 4 minutes a night

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
He's right about the linemen though. They suck at their jobs and make the game boring with their faceoff bs.
One thing I’ve always agreed with Cherry about is the automatic icing. Yeah it’s great the few times someone beats it out but it’s not worth serious injury.

Reactions: Jmo89

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Time to bring up Rich Clune for toughness?

Call up Philly and see what the price is for Wayne Simmonds. That's the answer to your problems right there for the next couple years. A guy who can score, make plays and isn't afraid to beat the f*** out of you if you're taking shots at his teammates.

Toronto drafts these 5'11, 6'0, 180lb skilled skaters, but they need some young guys that are 6'2-6'3 that aren't getting tossed around. Not a team of them. Just a couple.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
oh yes I thought it was funny about the scruff lol.

Heh, yeah.

Cherry says some pretty funny/stupid stuff, but he's actually pretty knowledgeable about alot of things hockey still, IMO

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Rough period for Lindholm, missed a great chance, causes the goal against and blew coverage a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad