Jets in the Standings at end of '25 season.

How many points will Jets finish with this season?

• 108 points or above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 102 to 107 points

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 97 to 101 points

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • 91 to 95 points

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 90 points or fewer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
How many points do you think the Jets accumulate this season? I think the possible range for the Jets this year is pretty wide. Goaltending will likely be a big factor. Our D corps has been retooled a bit. It may be another factor, one way or the other.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think it's fair to predict 109 points

Lost Dillon, inferior backup
Miller and Heinola make up for Dillon including the addition by subtraction of Schmidt.

We need Ehlers and Vilardi to stay healthy, and steps forward from Perfetti and Barron

I reckon we'll score a bit more, and allow more as well.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think it's fair to predict 109 points

Lost Dillon, inferior backup
Miller and Heinola make up for Dillon including the addition by subtraction of Schmidt.

We need Ehlers and Vilardi to stay healthy, and steps forward from Perfetti and Barron

I reckon we'll score a bit more, and allow more as well.

The D corps might be about even, as you suggest. The inferior backup could cost 10 games. That may be extreme but I think costing us 5 Ws is realistic. If Helle is also just a little bit less Vezinabuyck, there go another 2-3 games. That could be about 15 pts. Fewer games missed by Ehlers and Vilardi might get some of those points back. So I am guessing right around 99-100 pts.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I think low 100s

Hard to go 110+ pts back to back so
expect a scale back (20% of 110+ pt teams repeat since 05)

Middle 6 is v good. hoping the teams concerted effort on d continues.

Helle is the best regular season goalie in the NHL, and keeps the team's floor high, as in I can't see them going below 90 pts.

I do think some teams in the central will have improve so maybe some more points stolen here and there.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Currently, sure. But in May it'll be hindsight. I think that's how that works.

No. That is not how it works. Hindsight is seeing it only after it happened. That is the benefit of hindsight. You can be right 100% of the time. :)

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The D corps might be about even, as you suggest. The inferior backup could cost 10 games. That may be extreme but I think costing us 5 Ws is realistic. If Helle is also just a little bit less Vezinabuyck, there go another 2-3 games. That could be about 15 pts. Fewer games missed by Ehlers and Vilardi might get some of those points back. So I am guessing right around 99-100 pts.
I'm an eternal optimist! I think a lot has to go right for us to hit 109 but I believe - mostly because it's more fun that way :P

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
I went with 97 to 101 points.

No crystal ball handy, but there’s the same dependency on Hellebuyck as the last 4-5 season. If he continues to play at a Vezina level, we’re comfortably in the playoffs, and maybe even flirting with 110ish points. If he regresses towards league average SV%, it’s going to be tough to crack 95 points and we’re on the outside looking in.

Downgrade at backup G creates even less margin for error.

I’m trying to think of other variables that may push the needle. Vilardi staying healthy would be huge. Maybe a breakout year from Perfetti? Heinola finally hitting his stride as a top 4 dman?

Overall with how this team is constructed, it keeps coming back to goaltending. Some teams can rise above middling goaltending; I don’t see any chance of that happening for the Jets this season.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm an eternal optimist! I think a lot has to go right for us to hit 109 but I believe - mostly because it's more fun that way :P

To each his own. I find unmet expectations anything but fun. I do not enjoy disappointment and frustration. :laugh:

I think Jets are 90% of a good team. That last 10% is elusive.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
I think major regression in the goals against is coming. The second pairing of Sandberg and Pionk makes me nervous. They will miss Dillon. Brossoit was the best back up in the league last year.
They need career years from Ehlers and Perfetti so they at least have a second line to help scoring.
Out of the Jets first 11 games 9 are against teams that were not in the playoffs last year. If they do not get off to a fast start I could see the Jets not making the playoffs.
I looked at the other teams in the conference and there are a lot of bad rosters. I say Minnesota passes the Jets this season and the Jets finish 5th in the Central but beat out LA for the second wildcard. Put me down for 96 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad