Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I'm with you PS. I think we'll do good.

This teams adv numbers were not terrible, and I actually expect them to be better (unless horrendous management decisions are made)

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
:P

ClhP6q1UYAAFphV.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
$4m more that what was being expected, which is somewhat significant.

Does this give us roughly $23m in cap space?

Scratch that, a little over 20m

That is almost exactly what was predicted if the PA used the escalator - which was never in any doubt. The prediction was 72.8

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I actually really like the line up. I wonder how defensively sound Petan would be on the 4th. Love your thoughts on Schiefele and Trouba's Salary.
Tons of cap space left

if that line faces fourth line competition, you'll never find out how sound defensively they are

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I actually really like the line up. I wonder how defensively sound Petan would be on the 4th. Love your thoughts on Schiefele and Trouba's Salary.
Tons of cap space left

The fourth line is where you least need to worry about how defensively sound you are, as you play against top lines the least (although the differences are milder than people think).

Scheifele I just did Barkov plus some inflation.
Trouba I just sat between Morgan and Mattaa.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Sometimes it's just less complicated than businesses and teams make it. They call them tough decisions for a reason and the good leaders make them. It's ok to look someone in the eye and say we are going in a different direction now but the moment your playing career is done you have a job with this organization.

Where I draw a line is in the past we had marginally better options in the org but we chose inaction .....now we have much better options in our org and we are holding players back AND OUR TEAM BACK out of misplaced loyalty?? This isn't a mom and pop shop it's an NHL team, players like Lowry and Schiefele can pick up the mantle of leadership and cultural DNA.

Let's ****ing go boys high character ****** players are still ****** players. End rant :laugh::rant::rant:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Sometimes it's just less complicated than businesses and teams make it. They call them tough decisions for a reason and the good leaders make them. It's ok to look someone in the eye and say we are going in a different direction now but the moment your playing career is done you have a job with this organization.

Where I draw a line is in the past we had marginally better options in the org but we chose inaction .....now we have much better options in our org and we are holding players back AND OUR TEAM BACK out of misplaced loyalty?? This isn't a mom and pop shop it's an NHL team, players like Lowry and Schiefele can pick up the mantle of leadership and cultural DNA.

Let's ****ing go boys high character ****** players are still ****** players. End rant :laugh::rant::rant:

Agreed PS. I can buy the "glue" guys played a role and there was a time when the provided decent bottom of the lineup options, and added a character piece to a young lineup. But that time has now passed. Due to contract status they will likely stick around but it is time for Thor to be a 13/14 forward and inserted on the 4th line when necessary, and Stu becomes a 7/8 d-man and again inserted in the bottom pairing as injuries necessitate. IMO part of instilling character is continuing to play what ever role you are given and embrace it.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Great job. :handclap:

Almost exactly the line-up I would like to see.

My only possible change would be to switch Laine and Connor. I like the idea of Laine with Scheif and Ehlers.

I have a feeling that Burmi will be an odd man out, with Lowry slotted in on the 3rd or 4th line. Otherwise, I could see Lowry slotting in at LW on the 4th line and Petan has to wait another year or for injuries up front.

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
What the agents have been waiting for

This puts HRR at $3.63 Billion by my calculations (since the NHLPA presumably used the 5% escalator).

Under the previous CBA, the cap ceiling this year would have been $80.4M and the floor $64.4M.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Close

Pretty close to what I would like to see.
$1/4m from Schiefele to Trouba
Switch Little and Schiefele. 55-26 just too good to breakup.
Trouba needs to play the RD position.
Stafford for stay @ home LD
Wildcards: can Ben C, Adam L and Hutch regain their form from 2 yrs ago

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Just curious. Where's Pav? Where's Lowry? Should we be looking for bodies?

"And again there's a number of factors at play here. It can be hard to ascertain if we do indeed need to look for bodies. Do we assume that they're missing? There's a process that needs to unfold.,

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
"And again there's a number of factors at play here. It can be hard to ascertain if we do indeed need to look for bodies. Do we assume that they're missing? There's a process that needs to unfold.,

Certainly, it's a process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad