Value of: Jets' deadline store - Stastny, Copp, Dillon, Beaulieu

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
I am sure I am not the only Jets fan who is tired of his uninspired play.

He still has the skill to be a top C in this league. Who's interested?

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
Attn rangers, this is exactly what you need. Also best buds with trouba. Make an offer we can’t refuse!

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Does Winnipeg have any needs of note beyond "a Schiefele equivalent who's actually motivated"?

High end 2C that is elite defensively or solid 2C plus a scoring 3C/ winger who is decent defensively (upgrade on Lowry or Copp equivalent)

Contracts and age would need to be factored in

Last edited:

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
yea, lets trade a ppg #1 center making 6 million in a market that normally has to overpay for a second line center and a winger

Is Schiefele the Jets best centre?

If the current Schiefele is what they have moving forward, they should at least look at moving him. If Schiefele beast mode is expected to return , they they should keep him.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Attn rangers, this is exactly what you need. Also best buds with trouba. Make an offer we can’t refuse!
What has happened to him lately? Still has great skating right? Would love him and I guess he would replace Strome but not sure if that is the route the Rangers want to take

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Is Schiefele the Jets best centre?
why would scheifele's value matter on how well pld is playing? is drai the oilers best center? is malkin pens best center? I'm not going to give up less value for scheif because pld has been better for 36 games this season...

Reactions: pld459666

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
why would scheifele's value matter on how well pld is playing? is drai the oilers best center? is malkin pens best center? I'm not going to give up less value for scheif because pld has been better for 36 games this season...

Since Jets have a bonofied number 1 C, they have the luxury of trading an elite (offensive only ) C for a good 2C that has a better net effect than Schiefele (I.e is good at defending)

If Scheifele starts playing well defensively and or more motivated, then Jets should hold on to him IMO

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Since Jets have a bonofied number 1 C, they have the luxury of trading an elite (offensive only ) C for a good 2C that has a better net effect than Schiefele (I.e is good at defending)

If Scheifele starts playing well defensively and or more motivated, then Jets should hold on to him IMO
you don't see the issue with a cap team, trading a #1 center making 6 million for a #2 center?

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
you don't see the issue with a cap team, trading a #1 center making 6 million for a #2 center?

As I said if it's for an average 2c, then the other team would need to add to help the 3rd line and bump Lowry down.

Right now Schiefele is a 1B center at best who is bad at defending. I would be open to a 2c good at defending.. may require a small add from the other side.

It really depends which players are offered at the end of the day

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
As I said if it's for an average 2c, then the other team would need to add to help the 3rd line and bump Lowry down.

Right now Schiefele is a 1B center at best who is bad at defending. I would be open to a 2c goid at defending.. may require a small add from the other side.

It really depends which players are offered
sorry, you don't don't trade a #1 center on a steal of a contract for depth, if we want to bump lowry down we would just run stastny at 3rd line center

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
sorry, you don't don't trade a #1 center on a steal of a contract for depth, if we want to bump lowry down we would just run stastny at 3rd line center

Ok let me put it another way. Which of these 2 scenarios is more desirable:

Jets keep Schiefele. He has a perceived 1C value. He puts up points but doesn't want to/cannot play good defence. Jets 3rd line does little offensively. Scheifele only plays at his best if he is paired with players he likes (Wheeler) . Due to this , Jets do not realize their full potential and are pretenders at best.

Or

Jets get a good 200 foot C, who *is* motivated and will listen to the coach and has good chemistry making other players better. Jets also get a player that helps turning the 3rd line to a scoring line. Balanced lineup and team first attitude enables them to make serious noise in the playoffs

Last edited:

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Ok let me put it another way. Which of these 2 scenarios is more desirable:

Jets keep Schiefele. He has a perceived 1C value. He puts up points but doesn't want to/cannot play good defence. Jets 3rd line does little offensively. Scheifele only plays at his best if he is paired with players he likes (Wheeler) . Due to this , Jets do not realize their full potential and are pretenders at best.

Or

Jets get a good 200 foot C, who *is* motivated and will listen to the coach and has good chemistry making other players better. Jets get a player that helps turning the 3rd line to a scoring line. Balanced lineup and team first attitude enables them to make serious noise in the playoffs
what a ridiculous post, make 1 scenario the best possible outcome and the other the worst and act like it's a good point,
how about option number 3 where we keep scheif and run scheif pld stastny lowry as our 4 centers, that creates balance and gets a more offensive 3rd line or option number 4 where we do trade scheif but get full value rather then just depth...

if we did trade scheifele we won't be competing for the next few seasons so trading him for a 2c would be even more ridiculous

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
what a ridiculous post, make 1 scenario the best possible outcome and the other the worst and act like it's a good point,
how about option number 3 where we keep scheif and run scheif pld stastny lowry as our 4 centers, that creates balance and gets a more offensive 3rd line or option number 4 where we do trade scheif but get full value rather then just depth...

if we did trade scheifele we won't be competing for the next few seasons so trading him for a 2c would be even more ridiculous

If trading Schiefele makes the team better, you consider it. That's all im saying. Yes there are allot ifs . Personally somethings seems off about Schiefele . Is he happy with being a Jet??

Yes that's speculation. But that's what we do in message forums

Last edited:

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
If trading Schiefele makes the team better, you consider it. That's all im saying. Yes there are allot ifs . Personally sometimes seems off about Schiefele . Is he happy with being a Jet??

Yes that's speculation. But that's what we do in message forums
yea, everyone can be traded if it makes the team better, but trading a guy like scheif for depth is not going to do it

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
yea, everyone can be traded if it makes the team better, but trading a guy like scheif for depth is not going to do it

Agreed. Maybe we gave have different definitions for depth. I'm not saying trade him for just bottom 6 players . Ideally an elite top 6 defensive forward would need to come back. Those players are not plentiful and I wouldn't consider them "depth" pieces

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I would would consider trading him, for the right offer. He’s a good 1C with 2.5 years on a sweetheart deal. Not only would it need to be for the right deal but also likely depends on if we can extend Copp as our 2C. Copp isn’t a super offensive 2C but he does everything well and is good defensively. If we could sign him & sign PLD then I would be open to trading Mark for some very good futures or a good young player with good futures. Not open to trading him bc he isn’t Superman or hasn’t carried the Jets to the cup….just from a asset management POV.

Reactions: Jetsfan79

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Agreed. Maybe we gave have different definitions for depth. I'm not saying trade him for just bottom 6 players . Ideally an elite top 6 defensive forward would need to come back. Those players are not plentiful and I wouldn't consider them "depth" pieces
scheifele puts up a ppg at the most sought after position in hockey and is on a sweet sweet contract in a flat cap world, it would need to be for a star player or a package with some good prospects

Reactions: Huffer

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
I am sure I am not the only Jets fan who is tired of his uninspired play.

He still has the skill to be a top C in this league. Who's interested?

All he needs is a kick in the ass but not sure anyone at TNSE has the gumption to do it, it may be time to move on. It may give the rest of the team the kick in the arse they need if they see a core guy get moved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad