Confirmed with Link: Jets/Buffalo Blockbuster! part II (Kane and Bogo)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I have such a strong gut feeling that Kane in Buffalo is not at all going to work out.

Like it ends up being a buyout or trade from Buffalo.

Well I'm not sure what this is based on. It was well known he wanted out of Winnipeg, yet he still played through serious injury and gave all he had.

A buyout is a ludicrous suggestion.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I think Kane will go to UFA once his contract is up. I predict the Jets will not tender him an offer.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
To the surprise of no one (at least not me), the Kane/Buff photo was taken when they were in good spirits:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...lien-flipping-off-evander-kane-223223052.html

Hagan said the entire sequence was “all in good spirits” and that there was nothing “malicious” behind Byfuglien’s actions. “Kane was supporting he guys headed to the ice. He had a good laugh. Hutchinson had a good laugh. And it was just Buff being Buff. He’s the type that jokes around with the players and the fans.”

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Yep.

We love Bogo. Just 2 games in and many of us love his aggressiveness.

He's what we're hoping Zadorov turns into.

As an aside -- if you put Myers' skating with Bogo's aggressiveness......you pretty have much Chara 2.0

seasontixholder*

Yep.

As an aside -- if you put Myers' skating with Bogo's aggressiveness......you pretty have much Chara 2.0

Myers definitely needs to put on 20 pounds. He's a little too light. Bogo plays hard and hits heavy.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Myers definitely needs to put on 20 pounds. He's a little too light. Bogo plays hard and hits heavy.

:laugh: :laugh:

Ohhhhhh man. Tyler tried that a couple of years ago.

Goooooooooood lord. Watching him try to adjust to the weight he put on was hysterical. He looked like Bambi on skates. He had NO coordination and clearly had no idea where his feet were in relation to the rest of his body.

Yeah, you don't want him doing that again. Maybe slowly....but not all at once.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Seems to me that refs haven't been calling as many interference penalties on defensemen who block wingers entering the offensive zone after dumping in the puck. If this is true, it could at least partially explain Kane's drop in goals as of late. This could spell trouble for Kane and his new club.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Seems to me that refs haven't been calling as many interference penalties on defensemen who block wingers entering the offensive zone after dumping in the puck. If this is true, it could at least partially explain Kane's drop in goals as of late. This could spell trouble for Kane and his new club.

That has to be by far the least consistently called thing in the NHL.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011

Bogo is a pretty good skater himself. Usually he's good for an unreal end to end rush every few games or so when the forwards are tired.

seasontixholder*

Bogo is a pretty good skater himself. Usually he's good for an unreal end to end rush every few games or so when the forwards are tired.

He is great skating forward but I think he is an awful skater when he is skating backwards. He never crosses his feet, which makes it harder to transition to forward fast.

seasontixholder*

Yep.

Except Bogo and Myers are not dirty hackers like Chara and the rest of the Bruins goons.

JetsOilersfan

Feb 4, 2012
Except Bogo and Myers are not dirty hackers like Chara and the rest of the Bruins goons.

Yeah, Chara has a real nastiness to his game. That's what makes him so tough to play against.

Good comments on the players, BOGO is tough, but IMO he's no where near as good as his 'hype'. Granted, because of my viewing restrictions I don't get to see the Jets play nearly as much as I'd like, I've seen Bogo play about 15 times, and he is not an 'elite' dman when it comes to handling the puck and skating the puck out (he's NHL good, but nothing special). Tyler Myers on the other hand, he didn't win Rookie of the Year because of his size.

And no way I want him gaining a bunch of weight. He is what he is. He's a dman back there the Jets need, he smart, puck moving dman with a cannon for a shot who is much better skater than Bogo is, and a much better puck handler. He's not a physical but on the Jets, he doesn't need to be. Once Huddy has his teeth sunk into this kid - he'll become an all star. Bogo will never be an All star, he'll be a #3/#4 guy (and nothing wrong with that) who is overpaid

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Stafford injured. Let's ask Buffalo if they want to trade Stafford for Stewart.

:sarcasm:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Yep.

Chara isn't half the skater Myers is.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2015...er-undercurrents-Kane-Bogosian-Myers-Stafford

I wrote an article about the smaller details of this trade. One thing that is being overlooked is $40 million in cash savings. I even made a nice chart.

B-LHVc_CUAAfZC0.jpg

Last edited:

Boxertim

Mar 21, 2014
winnipeg
Here is my prediction for next year......

First 10 games Kane plays on the first line....then he moves down to the second line....then he falls back into the third line where he belongs.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Here is my prediction for next year......

First 10 games Kane plays on the first line....then he moves down to the second line....then he falls back into the third line where he belongs.

Wishful thinking. Odds are he'll score more goals than any Jet next season/over his career.

Last edited:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Maybe...or maybe he just is a 3rd line player

Yes. A third line player who over 2011-15:

Scores 0.89 5v5 goals per 60 mins, avg 1st liner scores 0.84, 2nd line 0.75, 3rd 0.59.

Scores 1.85 5v5 points per 60 mins, avg 1st, 2nd, and 3rd liner goes 2.03, 1.73, and 1.42.

82nd in pts/gp for active forwards with 100+ games played (note top 90 would represent "1st line players")

51.3 Corsi percentage, avg 1st, 2nd, and 3rd liner goes 51.9, 50.7, and 49.3.

He's done this despite his main centres being:

Olli Jokinen - terrible Corsi player and 3rd line point production per minute

Mark Scheifele - was a poor Corsi player last season (better this year) and 3rd line point production per minute

Alexander Burmistrov - good Corsi player but 3rd line point production per minute

Adam Lowry - good Corsi player but 4th line point production per minute

You can like or hate Kane all you want. All the power to you.
Kane was and has not ever performed as a third line player. He's basically an elite second liner who scores goals above a first line average rate while having typically 3rd line Cs beside him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad