GDT: Jets Board: WCQF - #1 vs WC#2 : Jets host F*** Vegas @ 3pm CT - Series Tied 1-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I'm getting 2018 Playoff vibes all over again.
No, this is much worse. The 2018 Jets played 2 great series and then got beat by a goalie who played out of his mind.

The only similarities to 2018 are the opponent and number of games this series is going to go.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Mark Schiefele is supposed to be our best player and on many nights his effort is his biggest problem. All those times we see him gliding around the defensive zone not skating are a lack of effort, not skill.

No. His problem is he was very quickly exposed as not an elite talent after injuries started to impact his game years ago.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that. He has never been a strong defensive player, but you notice a difference in his skating now compared to earlier in his career.

The Jets are a team that has to win by committee, and strong goaltending. What I see currently is a team struggling to navigate the neutral zone, or establish anything offensively. Vegas adjusted to the Jets trying to stretch the ice in game one, and Winnipeg is playing right into their hands.

Blaming effort is a lazy excuse to analyzing the team. This isn’t beer league.

The talent isn’t there but the way they are approaching the game is downright stupid. Tighten the gaps.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
No, this is much worse. The 2018 Jets played 2 great series and then got beat by a goalie who played out of his mind.

The only similarities to 2018 are the opponent and number of games this series is going to go.
This seems more akin to the Flames series where they keeled over and died when they lost two top sixers

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Can't expect alot when we are without our best defenseman and one of our best forwards but at least start shooting the puck and getting in front of the net.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Silver lining Silver lining Silver lining

I guess before the series started I thought after 3 games, it would be 2 1 knights. I just thought we'd win game 3. Didn't think we'd win at the fortress of nerds

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I’m just not a Bowness fan. I think the game has passed him by.

They are constantly on their heels because his transition scheme is so easily exposed. The game has changed to a puck possession scheme, that often uses the middle of the ice - and not so willingly dumping it in.

He’s a poor coach. The league figured this team out months ago, and he hasn’t adjusted.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I’m just not a Bowness fan. I think the game has passed him by.

They are constantly on their heels because his transition scheme is so easily exposed. The game has changed to a puck possession scheme, that often uses the middle of the ice - and not so willingly dumping it in.

He’s a poor coach. The league figured this team out months ago, and he hasn’t adjusted.
Bargain basement coach who was probably the Jets third or fourth choice gets you bargain basement results

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
maybe the jets should drafting players from manitoba instead of from minnesota

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The team has had effort issues all year but I don’t think they’re just “not trying” in the playoffs. They’re not able to get any offensive time at all, though. They’re desperately missing guys who can drive play in Ehlers and Perfetti. And now with Morrissey gone the offence has dried up entirely.

Still not sure why our best players (Helle, Scheifele, Dubois, Connor) haven’t done anything, though.

Yup we are missing our play drivers. Conner has never been one, Wheeler has aged out as one, and scheifele hasn't been great in that regard uh a few years.

But we are back in it again, early goal was needed.

Reactions: snowkiddin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad