GDT: Jets Board: WCQF - #1 vs WC#2 : Jets host F*** Vegas @ 3pm CT - Series Tied 1-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
HOW this team constantly elevates Pionk is beyond me... Samberg is far better, anyone is better

That goal is Pionk's wimpy coverage as always...

Typical crowd will show up and bash Helle now
Samberg not better, Samberg is still sheltered

Helly deserves bashing for this game

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Ok, it probably wasn’t the best idea to respond to your posts. You certainly have the right to express your disappointment. I might not agree & try to focus on the positive, so it’s best to leave you with your feelings.

Cheers.
f*** off with the condescension, not everyone licks True North's boots and is happy to pretend that just having a team is all we should ever expect.

I expect to see the players at least put an effort in during a home playoff game.

Reactions: Cypruss

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
We have 2 more games to figure out how to beat a trap; they are going to look exactly like this one because we’re so damn predictable.

It’s our kryptonite.

I just hope we can get some shots on goal in the third

We are SoL with out Josh right now

I can’t even be mad at Helle he’s made more saves than this team has shots. Who knows if we had some more shots on goal it might be tied :(

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I do wonder what the team looks like next season.

Scheifele is very much on the downturn of his career, and if Dubois leaves…

Chevy has sat idle on his ass for far too long. He’s going to be forced to rebuild anyway. Incredibly overrated GM.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Professor Avgaard?
Well if you can find any highlights when with Canucks he couldn't speak or understand english very well and the creer AHL old school coach didn't like him. 8 min one game and then 22 min the next, left side, then right side, then sat out, then singled out as the reason for losing a game even though he only played 6 minutes with no goals against.
Was played on the left and right side, played twice versus McD and he got no points and couldn't get around his reach.
Broke one players leg by leaning on him, totally blew up Jamie Benn twice and then rag dolled him.
Played the PK and had the 2nd best stats for defencemen on the Canucks
And he was a rookie that had never played on the smaller NHL ice.
A defensive Dman.
Oh and he had 6 fights and didn't come close to losing but then he didn't know how.
At 6'8" and 270 lbs with a 18'+ wingspan with his stick, no skating around him.
His pushes are harder than most hits, with one hand. Nobody will touch the goalie.

And he is a free player that won't cost much even just as a tryout.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don’t think it’s an effort issue. That’s far too often used as an excuse.

This is a very average team in terms of overall talent, that has always struggled if Helle dares to not be the best player on the ice.

The lineup is stagnant as hell, but Chevy has a job for life it seems.

Yup and factor in we are down our Norris dmen and two top 6 players. It's hard for us to weather that lack of depth. We have a player who was on Deteoits fourth line in our top 6 in Name. Nino us a middle 6 guy as is Wheeler.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Jets are a fragile, dare I say, mentally weak, and inconsistent group. Without Josh and Nik our depth is exposed but in this series our bottom guys have been better than our top group overall

55 80 26 have gone missing.

Nino Names brings the effort every game.
Lowry Barron Saku Gus Stenlund have been solid tho.

It's the guys you pay the big bucks to who appear to be the most fragile tho. Think the only way to fix that is move on from 55 80 26 and some D

Pionk ain't that guy. Josh hurt in game sucks. Having to rely on pissonk to step up... yuck

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
So are some of the posters on here

We've always been ugly.

This game is a prime example of how far a mediocre coach can carry a mediocre core. Cassidy's systems are flat out working against the Jets, because they're structured, aggressive, and good. The Jets' only caveat is in goal, which means f*** all when your own players can't get to their net.

This was the litmus test for this core. Can they be better with a new voice? Looks like barely, but not really. They need to change this off season. I've been looking forward to it since February.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad