Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
The Jets did a perfect job of assessing what SOMEONE would pay for PLD, which is all they had to do

Habs fans said "he only wants to come here, you'll accept our shit offer because no GM will give more because he's just gonna walk to UFA and sign here anyway"

WRONG

My point has nothing to do with Habs fans only offering shit... it was when they said "you'll have to accept it because nobody will offer more"

Same thing seems to be happening with Rurger and all these "Chevy has no leverage" posts
As long as Dubois was only willing to go to Montreal Chevy's only leverage was to refuse to trade him and make him stay for another year. It worked and Dubois chose to open up the bidding to get a long term contract sooner.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
love the gm's know he has no leverage posts... ok wait 2 years and gamble the he chooses your team instead of the other teams interested or you can pay the price and actually get him right now
The key issue, in my mind, that drives McGroarty's value down is getting ironclad insurance that he will sign with the team that trades for him. I'm not sure how much I'd trust a prospects "word" about that. And not accepting the reality that McG's value diminishes with each passing day is naive.

• Haha
Reactions: Lorenzo1000

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
As long as Dubois was only willing to go to Montreal Chevy's only leverage was to refuse to trade him and make him stay for another year. It worked and Dubois chose to open up the bidding to get a long term contract sooner.
Right, so one more team becoming interested gave Chevy leverage

At least 5 teams have interest in McG

What does that mean for Chevy's leverage with regards to Rutger?

Explain it to your fellow Habs fans who don't seem to understand the concept

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
The key issue, in my mind, that drives McGroarty's value down is getting ironclad insurance that he will sign with the team that trades for him. I'm not sure how much I'd trust a prospects "word" about that. And not accepting the reality that McG's value diminishes with each passing day is naive.
the reason he wants out is because he wants to play in the nhl, I don't think it will be that hard to get him to sign with who ever trades for him imo

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Come on jets fans you have to understand you can only dream to actually get other teams leftovers for Rutger

I’ve seen some unrealistic high demands (proven young NHL player or top 10 pick), crazy lowball offers (bottom pairing D or potential bust prospects) and some reasonable offers. A normal day in the life on the main boards.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Friedman said in his podcast earlier tonight that Habs and Minny were close to meet the price.

He also said that the #12 was close to being done but when Guerin saw Buium was still available it was not an option anymore.

So I guess that puts McGroarty value at ~12 OA (at least to Chevy eyes)

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
awful for the jets.. awful

Morrisey - DeMelo
Chychrun - Pionk
Samberg

Not terrible if you're looking to compete, especially if Ehlers stays. Hard to get full value for RM, the Jets don't have a whole lot of leverage (similar to the Gauthier debacle).

Either way, what on the Sens would make sense? and don't say Pinto, he's worth considerably more.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Morrisey - DeMelo
Chychrun - Pionk
Samberg

Not terrible if you're looking to compete, especially if Ehlers stays. Had to get full value for RM, the Jets don't have a whole lot of leverage (similar to the Gauthier debacle).

Either way, what on the Sens would make sense? and don't say Pinto, he's worth considerably more.
ok counter:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Morrisey - DeMelo
Chychrun - Pionk
Samberg

Not terrible if you're looking to compete, especially if Ehlers stays. Hard to get full value for RM, the Jets don't have a whole lot of leverage (similar to the Gauthier debacle).

The problem is Chychrun's term

Trading 7 years of McG for one year of him doesn't make sense

If this was Monday and an extension was agreed upon, maybe we'd talk

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
The problem is Chychrun's term

Trading 7 years of McG for one year of him doesn't make sense

If this was Monday and an extension was agreed upon, maybe we'd talk
Knowing Chychrun, I think he'd be open to resigning in the Peg. Still pretty close to Ottawa and he likes being out in the woods/country, by the lake fishing etc.

TBH I don't think you'll find more immediate help for the Jets, who should be looking to contend for the cup. Every day that goes by, the Jets lose more and more leverage, especially with this year's draft picks off the table.

Either way I complete understand Jets fans not liking anything thrown their way. In an ideal world, they reconcile with RM and he stays.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Knowing Chychrun, I think he'd be open to resigning in the Peg. Still pretty close to Ottawa and he likes being out in the woods/country, by the lake fishing etc.

TBH I don't think you'll find more immediate help for the Jets, who should be looking to contend for the cup. Every day that goes by, the Jets lose more and more leverage, especially with this year's draft picks off the table.

Either way I complete understand Jets fans not liking anything thrown their way. In an ideal world, they reconcile with RM and he stays.
jets never seem to have any leverage in any trade it seems, 777 days until he becomes a ufa fyi

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

If Chychrun likes to fish and hunt, he'd fit right in here. Helle, Iafallo and Connor are all outdoors enthusiasts

The other issue is that LHD isn't our major position of concern - it's C and RHD. If we have a valuable asset in McG, we probably oughtta see what's out there in those spots before looking at LHD

I'm not 100% against the idea, I'd just need to know what other offers are on the table for Chevy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad