Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
C or RD prospects. Guhle would get it done.

It's already been established that:
-Mailloux is not Jets material based on character
-Barron is an add-in piece, nothing more
-Xhekaj is the same
-Hutson isn't likely to be an ideal solution

There will be a bidding war and Chevy won't make a bad deal for the sake of making a deal. If anything, this incident has increased Rutger's value since everyone knows he's available.
Just speaking on the Habs bc you brought them up, Guhle isn’t realistic bc he’s more proven. Not sure where Rutger gets dealt to but it won’t be for Guhle. A lot of the usual suspects Habs fans throw in offers aren’t interesting either but Guhle won’t happen.

Beendair Donedat

Don’t be a Jimmy Juice Arse
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
C or RD prospects. Guhle would get it done.

It's already been established that:
-Mailloux is not Jets material based on character
-Barron is an add-in piece, nothing more
-Xhekaj is the same
-Hutson isn't likely to be an ideal solution

There will be a bidding war and Chevy won't make a bad deal for the sake of making a deal. If anything, this incident has increased Rutger's value since everyone knows he's available.
If the Habs were willing to part with Guhle, and I don’t think they are, what would the Jets be adding to the deal? Guhle has already proven to be able to play both the left and right side and on the top pair. It would have to be something fairly decent.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
If the Habs were willing to part with Guhle, and I don’t think they are, what would the Jets be adding to the deal? Guhle has already proven to be able to play both the left and right side and on the top pair. It would have to be something fairly decent.
The thing is that the Jets don't have interest in Guhle, but the Habs have interest in McG

Chevy will set his price, if MTL doesn't meet it, he moves on to the next offer

Habs don't set the terms here

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Habs would never trade Guhle, while he plays top pairing on the habs he's not really a top pairing guy especially on a competitive/playoff team......yet but he has potential to be. That trade would never happen, unrealistic. Not worth talking about, Rutger is a very nice prospect and projects to be a top 6 winger with grit and leadership skills.

Habs/Jets trade could happen, but it would include other piece from the Habs. Just talking to the list the one poster listed (not saying there couldn't be other prospects from the habs) it really comes down to how the Jets feel about them (they all have issues/concerns, either skill, character or size) . What we know there is lots/significant of interest around the league, insiders all stated that, what we don't know is the value Chevy or other GM's place on Rutger. Also some insiders have commented that Ehlers & Rutger might get traded together on or after July 1st so Ehlers new contract can be dealt with which would increase Ehlers value more then it is now. Rutger & extended Ehlers would bring a nice return.

You asked a few posts back what the Jets needs are, they are 2c and top 4 RHD, either roster players or prospects who can fill those roles in the future.

Reactions: Beendair Donedat

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
The thing is that the Jets don't have interest in Guhle, but the Habs have interest in McG

Not True...

Chevy can ask all he wants, but at the end of the day he is sitting on a timebomb and the longer he waits, the lower his value gets

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Might also be waiting till July 1, if there is a trade to happen where Ehlers & Rutger are packaged together, then Ehlers can be extended as of July 1. Ehlers (extended) & Rutger would bring back a pretty nice return. Just saying its another possibility/option. This would maximize Ehler's value, if extended.
I think it's tougher to get value when you package players, and overall, just tougher to get a deal done. i also think that WPG will get a better read on what player to go after in the 2nd deal after they complete the first one.

As a MN fan, after thinking about, I am hoping that Guerin doesn't trade Rossi for McG. In retrospect, really glad that we didn't trade the #13(12) + 2nd, which some were talking about. Buium and Ritchie for McG is pretty rich.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
yes yes yes, we know, were going to have to give him away like every other player who has asked for a trade
Its not only that. Its the cact that Jets have 2 years to trade him...

Actually, one year cause if acter next year he goes public to say he wont sing in WIN like Fox did, his value plummets to what, a 2nd rder ish?

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
What’s with the Guhle stuff…Jets need RHD…that’s not Guhle.

Personally, I don’t see any fit with MTL for a trade involving McG

Reactions: Snowman

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
No, it's not. What do you expect, a top 10 pick? Kid was drafted 14 OA.

21+ is pretty decent. I'd value Barron to at least a 2nd rounder.
14th overall and value has gone up significantly with what he's done. Look at any draft and how many picks in the top 15 don't accomplish anything in the following years. He's worth way more than a mid round pick right now. Obviously only fans but some fan bases were offering a top 10 pick for him. And you're offering 21 😂

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
14th overall and value has gone up significantly with what he's done. Look at any draft and how many picks in the top 15 don't accomplish anything in the following years. He's worth way more than a mid round pick right now. Obviously only fans but some fan bases were offering a top 10 pick for him. And you're offering 21 😂
So you expect a top 10 pick for him? lol

Won't happen.

Beendair Donedat

Don’t be a Jimmy Juice Arse
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM

I never claimed they did?

I was responding to Tasteless Beaver who brought up Guhle as a return, and I asked what the Jets were adding. Guhle is a proven asset on the rise, McGroarty while a great prospect, isn’t at that level. Yet.

I’m not trying to lowball Jets fans who are undoubtedly leery of Habs fans from the PLD drama. Just looking to see what the cost would be and what may interest the Jets in a return.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
No thanks on Rossi
You might want to re-adjust your sights a little bit. Rossi just had a 20g, 40 point rookie season in the NHL playing C, after two P/pg AHL seasons. Do you really think that McGroarty's 16 goal college season is more impressive?

Last edited:
Reactions: CanMerc

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
After the Jets experiences with players like Kane and PLD I can't imagine that Chevy would take a flyer on Mailloux unless the Habs were virtually giving him away for nothing.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
You might want to re-adjust your sights a little bit. Rossi just had a 20g, 40 point rookie season in the NHL playing C, after two P/pg AHL seasons. Do you really think that McGroarty's college 16 goal college season is more impressive?

Brock Faber only scored 7 goals in three years of college hockey. He turned out ok.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
we may even have to pay a team to take him at that point
Not what I am saying.

But any Pegs fan hoping to get a top pairing D or a top6 player for a prospect that mentioned won't sign with then are delusionnal.

See Cutter Gauthier (who was a much better player than Mcgroarty)

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Habs would never trade Guhle, while he plays top pairing on the habs he's not really a top pairing guy especially on a competitive/playoff team......yet but he has potential to be. That trade would never happen, unrealistic. Not worth talking about, Rutger is a very nice prospect and projects to be a top 6 winger with grit and leadership skills.

Habs/Jets trade could happen, but it would include other piece from the Habs. Just talking to the list the one poster listed (not saying there couldn't be other prospects from the habs) it really comes down to how the Jets feel about them (they all have issues/concerns, either skill, character or size) . What we know there is lots/significant of interest around the league, insiders all stated that, what we don't know is the value Chevy or other GM's place on Rutger. Also some insiders have commented that Ehlers & Rutger might get traded together on or after July 1st so Ehlers new contract can be dealt with which would increase Ehlers value more then it is now. Rutger & extended Ehlers would bring a nice return.

You asked a few posts back what the Jets needs are, they are 2c and top 4 RHD, either roster players or prospects who can fill those roles in the future.
Would jets go for an Ehlers + McG for Zegras +?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00